Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 First local hunting "accident" 
 Post subject: First local hunting "accident"
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

The parents of a local 15 year-old sent him to the back 40 with a .22 rifle to execute the family dog of 20 years, whose health was failing.

On the way back from doing the deed, the boy spotted "geese" on the hill across the fence line and decided to take a shot at them. The first shot didn't make them fly away, so he shot a second time. One of the "geese" hollered, "I been shot!"

The goose in question, a hunter who was hunting for real geese, was released from the hospital the same day, miraculously without damage to internal organs. Next time said hunter has to hasten on his way, he will not be able to "get the lead out". The bullet will remain lodged in his gluteus maximus for the remainder of his life.

Post subject: Re: First local hunting "accident"
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:58 am 

Tick Slayer wrote:
The parents of a local 15 year-old sent him to the back 40 with a .22 rifle to execute the family dog of 20 years, whose health was failing.

On the way back from doing the deed, the boy spotted "geese" on the hill across the fence line and decided to take a shot at them. The first shot didn't make them fly away, so he shot a second time. One of the "geese" hollered, "I been shot!"

The goose in question, a hunter who was hunting for real geese, was released from the hospital the same day, miraculously without damage to internal organs. Next time said hunter has to hasten on his way, he will not be able to "get the lead out". The bullet will remain lodged in his gluteus maximus for the remainder of his life.

Be sure of your target and what is beyond.

If you dont know what is beyond your target, don't shoot at it.

I want to teach a class where all I do is say the same basic gun safety rules over and over for 8 hours until the class can recite them word for word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:33 am 
Journeyman Member

Looks like it wasn't a matter of what was beyond but what the target actually was, he thought he was shooting at geese when it was a decoy spread with the hunter hidden in it.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:54 am 
Longtime Regular

Funny how most hunting accidents are actually poaching accidents. Then again, it's not that funny at all. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Funny how most hunting accidents are actually poaching accidents. Then again, it's not that funny at all. :roll:

Hmmm, it's almost like there is a connection between people that don't care about hunting regulations and those that don't handle firearms safely.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.