Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 And Then There's This 
 Post subject: And Then There's This
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

From the Duluth News Tribune

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... /id/79058/

Published November 24 2008
Handguns stolen from Cloquet pawn shop; most still missing

A dozen handguns were stolen from T & J’s Gun N Pawn in downtown Cloquet last week, and a Cloquet man is being held in connection to the crime, according to Cloquet police.

Most of the guns, however, still are missing.

Police received a call to the shop at 10:45 p.m. Nov. 18. The front door glass of the shop was smashed in, along with the glass in the gun cabinet from which the handguns — including automatic pistols and revolvers — were taken, said Darrin Berg, a Cloquet Police detective.

Police then received a call at 4 a.m. the next morning from the Cloquet Wal-Mart, where a man was attempting to buy 45-caliber bullets, Berg said. The man didn’t have the necessary state-issued identification to purchase the bullets and acted in a way that made the Wal-Mart employee suspicious enough to call 911, Berg said.

When they arrived, police saw a gun in the man’s waistband and hand-cuffed him for safety reasons, Berg said. Upon checking the serial number of the gun, police saw it matched one missing from the pawn shop and arrested the man. He has been charged with possession of stolen property.

There is a reward for the return of the remaining weapons, which Berg estimated cost between $400 and $500 apiece. Call Cloquet police at 879-1247 with information regarding the crime.

“We’re concerned about recovering the firearms,” Berg said, who noted they’ve likely been stashed. “I don’t want some [kids] to come across them and start playing with them.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 am 

Quote:
Police then received a call at 4 a.m. the next morning from the Cloquet Wal-Mart, where a man was attempting to buy 45-caliber bullets, Berg said. The man didn’t have the necessary state-issued identification to purchase the bullets and acted in a way that made the Wal-Mart employee suspicious enough to call 911, Berg said.

I guess he didn't have his drivers license?

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Quote:

I guess he didn't have his drivers license?

I guess he should have gone to Durhams instead! He said yes it is for a handgun :lol: :roll: :wink:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hmmm....I've never been asked for my ID when purchasing ammo at Wally World. :?

Bought 300 rds of .45 acp a couple weeks ago.

Post subject: Re: And Then There's This
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

gunflint wrote:
The front door glass of the shop was smashed in, along with the glass in the gun cabinet from which the handguns — including automatic pistols and revolvers — were taken, said Darrin Berg, a Cloquet Police detective.

Man, I knew I lived in the wrong city. I had to go to Cloquet to get those automatic revolvers everyone is talking about.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

gunflint wrote:
When they arrived, police saw a gun in the man’s waistband and hand-cuffed him for safety reasons, Berg said.

Can they handcuff people for safety reasons now? Maybe they could have done that at the RNC.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

PocketProtector642 wrote:
gunflint wrote:
When they arrived, police saw a gun in the man’s waistband and hand-cuffed him for safety reasons, Berg said.

Can they handcuff people for safety reasons now? Maybe they could have done that at the RNC.

Cool. Who can I handcuff for safety reasons?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 am 
Poet Laureate

Hunter07 wrote:
Hmmm....I've never been asked for my ID when purchasing ammo at Wally World. :?

Bought 300 rds of .45 acp a couple weeks ago.

You must look old. :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

PocketProtector642 wrote:

ABSOLUTLEY.

Don't you wish you could?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.