Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Darwin misses, Low 
 Post subject: Darwin misses, Low
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:07 am 
Longtime Regular

There's so much to add but I won't.

Gun Child Playing With Discharges, Striking Mother

Save It
Email this Article Email It
Print this Article Print It

(WCCO) St. Paul A St. Paul woman was shot by her 3-year-old son Sunday afternoon, police said.

Police were called to a house in the 1500 block of McLean Avenue around 12:30 p.m. on a report of a woman hit by gunfire.

When police arrived, they found a 43-year-old woman who had been shot in the knee. Police learned that the woman's 3-year-old son was handling a gun he found under a sofa cushion.

Police said the woman took the gun from the child, removed the clip and allowed the child to continue to play with the gun. The gun had a round in the chamber and it discharged, striking the woman.

The woman was taken to Regions Hospital, where she is in fair condition.

The St. Paul Police Department is forwarding information to the Ramsey County Attorney's Office for possible charges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:59 am 
1911 tainted

Even if she truly believed it was unloaded, what kind of idiot is she? :x :x :x

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:12 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:

Right now she's an idiot with a gunshot wounds and more legal problems than she can imagine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:53 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:

Didn't you read the story, the baby pitched a fit when the gun was taken away, so the mother "made it safe" and gave it back.

We have a group of parents who are intimidated by their children, which is one of the reasons we see the rise of the gangs in the cities. Fasten your seat belt; the ride gets rougher from here.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:55 am 
1911 tainted

Selurcspi wrote:
cobb wrote:

Didn't you read the story, the baby pitched a fit when the gun was taken away, so the mother "made it safe" and gave it back.

We have a group of parents who are intimidated by their children, which is one of the reasons we see the rise of the gangs in the cities. Fasten your seat belt; the ride gets rougher from here.

Sorry, I missed that about the kid throwing a hicky fit. But you know how the kids get when they are teething, they need something to chew on to help those teeth cut through the gums. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:08 am 
Longtime Regular

[/quote]

We have a group of parents who are intimidated by their children, which is one of the reasons we see the rise of the gangs in the cities. Fasten your seat belt; the ride gets rougher from here.[/quote]

BULLSEYE!!!!! Right on. One of my pet peeves is parents who've lost their nads when it comes to parenting their children.
In so many cases, their kids rule the roost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
cobb wrote:

"Made it safe" she must have been thinking about the mag disconnect feature on the other 9 mm gun she keeps in the night stand. She forgot that the sofa gun does not have this feature.

Not to bright! At least the right one got shot. :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:55 am 

I doubt if the kid will do any time. Minors seem to just get slapped on the wrists these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:58 am 
1911 tainted

Woodchuck wrote:
I doubt if the kid will do any time. Minors seem to just get slapped on the wrists these days.

Child abuse,,,,child abuse,,,,what are you thinking of. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:40 am 
Longtime Regular

[/quote]

"Made it safe" she must have been thinking about the mag disconnect feature on the other 9 mm gun she keeps in the night stand. She forgot that the sofa gun does not have this feature.

Not to bright! At least the right one got shot. :lol:[/quote]

I don't believe she was thinking at all.
I hope that she gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Sensible words from the St. Paul Police spokesman, reported in the Star Trib:
Quote:
No one else was home at the time. Authorities recovered about five other guns from the house, [St. Paul Police spokesman Pete] Crum said, adding that they were all legal.

"There are two lessons to learn: Don't let your children play with guns. Always treat a gun as though it's loaded," he said.

How about that? No "guns are evil," no "If you have kids, you shouldn't have guns," just common sense and one of the Four Rules.

Cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:01 am 
Longtime Regular

Another idiot survives inspite of her actions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:58 am 
Longtime Regular

sigman wrote:
Another idiot survives inspite of her actions.

I'd like to say "Not an Idiot, just an ignoramus" but anyone who would give a little tyke like this a gun is an idiot, although having said that there is a possibility that this situation could have been avoided with the judicial application of education.
Unfortunately, the required education should have been applied in the k-12 years and reinforced by a little corporal correction.
It might be possible to educate an individual like this to the requirements of firearms handling, but with so much foundational work which appears to be missing, I’d say the chances of these later lessons being learned is slim.
On the up side, time has shown that pain is a great focuser of the mind, so the shot to the knee may be just what this woman needs to wake her up to the concerns she should have for guns.
:cry: :cry: Regrettably, she will probably just try to sue someone over this.:cry: :cry:

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:01 pm 
1911 tainted

Selurcspi wrote:
:cry: :cry: Regrettably, she will probably just try to sue someone over this.:cry: :cry:

I was thinking the same thing, it some how has to be the guns fault. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:14 pm 
Delicate Flower

unbelievable to say the least......... :(

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.