Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:42 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Just Another Dip Stick 
 Post subject: Just Another Dip Stick
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... id/107755/

Published December 19 2008
Minnesota man faces charges in Dairyland gun incident
A Minnesota man accused of pointing a loaded handgun at another man outside a Dairyland bar, then shooting the gun into the air, waived his preliminary hearing in Douglas County Circuit Court this week.

By: Maria Lockwood , Superior Telegram

A Minnesota man accused of pointing a loaded handgun at another man outside a Dairyland bar, then shooting the gun into the air, waived his preliminary hearing in Douglas County Circuit Court this week.

Brett Thomas Mamer, 34, of Cottage Grove faces one felony count of first-degree reckless endangerment and misdemeanor counts of carrying a concealed weapon and carrying a handgun where alcohol is sold for the Nov. 28 incident.

According to the criminal complaint, sheriff’s deputies were called to the bar about 9:38 p.m. to search for a man who shot a pistol in the parking lot. A bartender told deputies that Mamer and his girlfriend were in the bar that night when the Minnesota man started calling two male patrons names. The bartender noticed Mamer had a pistol in the waistband of his pants and asked him to leave. Mamer called the two other men “yoders” and they stepped outside with Mamer and his girlfriend.

Once outside, the complaint stated, Mamer pointed the pistol at one of the men, ejected a shell and told the two men to go back into the bar and have another drink. They went back into the bar and Mamer got into a vehicle with his girlfriend. Patrons heard a gunshot as the vehicle drove away.

According to the bartender, Mamer “gets crazy” when he drinks shots of alcohol. The man’s girlfriend confirmed Mamer had consumed seven cans of beer as well as three shots and three beers at the bar that night. She told deputies Mamer had pointed the gun at the two men. He fired the gun twice into the air, she told them, but she “didn’t think it was a big deal because he didn’t fire at anyone,” according to the complaint. When questioned by deputies, Mamer said he “had no idea” what happened at the bar that night.

Mamer was released on $500 cash bail following his initial appearance Dec. 5. As a condition of his bail, he is to have no contact with the Dairyland bar, the two men he argued with or the bartender.

An arraignment is scheduled for Feb. 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Brett Thomas Mamer, 34, of Cottage Grove faces one felony count of first-degree reckless endangerment and misdemeanor counts of carrying a concealed weapon and carrying a handgun where alcohol is sold for the Nov. 28 incident.

when did this become illegal??? (some one didn't get their facts straight)

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Apparently the scene of the crime was in Superior, WI. Don't know if that makes it illegal.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
Apparently the scene of the crime was in Superior, WI. Don't know if that makes it illegal.

If it happened in WI, pretty much any form of carrying is illegal (or will at least land the carrier in jail for a while).

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:51 pm 

Binky .357 wrote:
chunkstyle wrote:

If it happened in WI, pretty much any form of carrying is illegal (or will at least land the carrier in jail for a while).

Dairyland, Wisconsin: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?ci ... country=us

Quote:
Mamer called the two other men “yoders”...

Anyone know what a yoder is? Is that like a "yooper"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:

oops. missed that :oops:

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

If it comes from the Duluth Tribune, they don't mean Douglas County, MN.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:42 am 
Longtime Regular

client#9 wrote:
Anyone know what a yoder is?

Yoder is a pretty common surname, in Amish country. Other than that, got me.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:37 am 
Longtime Regular

client#9 wrote:
Anyone know what a yoder is? Is that like a "yooper"?

I hadn't heard it before. Here's what the Urban Dictionary site has:
Quote:
1. Yoder

When someone does something completely and utterly retarded. A "Yoder" cannot be explained by logic, but by only shouting out, "Damn, what a f---in Yoder."
When your drunk and tell a kid to take you and your keg back to your dorm room. Him being sober, reasonably comprehends he cannot bring a keg of beer into a dorm room but follows his friends directions without any discretion. "Damn what a Yoder."
by Ryan Jul 12, 2004

2. Yoder

Moron
by anonymous Oct 20, 2003

3. yoder

n-Another name for a penis
Dude, I can see your yoder

There's a 1972 Supreme Court case, Wisconsin v. Yoder"
Quote:
...in which the United States Supreme Court found that Amish children could not be placed under compulsory education past 8th grade, as it violated their parents' fundamental right to freedom of religion.

So my totally made up etymology is that the term originated in Wisconsin and was intended to mean an unworldly and rustic person, sort of like calling somebody a "gomer".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:31 am 

Yoder is an extremely common surname among Amish people. 20%+ of the families in some groups bear this name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

So to summarize, the Mamer called the other two guys "a moronic Amish penis".

Man, I learn something new every time I come to this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 pm 

I thought I heard that Open Carry is allowed in WI...without a permit?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brian wrote:

Sure it is. That does not mean you will be allowed to do so, particularly in some of the larger cities. Nor does it mean you will not be the test case if you do, so choose wisely, my son.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 am 
Longtime Regular

Brian wrote:

I have also heard this. But from the article it seems that WI prohibits the carry of firearms in places that sell alcohol. It seems they also think shooting your gun in the bar parking lot is "reckless endangerment." :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:15 pm 
Journeyman Member

Dairyland twnsp. in Douglas Co. Wi. has 3 or 4 bars that are all out in the sticks, there are no cities not even small towns there. It is 30 miles south of Superior.

John

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.