Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Deputy wounded 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:38 pm 

the majority of ND that i hear about with guns / glocks comes when re holstering the firearm, and i fail to see how a grip safey will help you there, that being said if one really wante extra safety on a glock, the get one of those cross bolt triggers

and further more does anyone doubt that if this would have been a private citizen that the story would have read "reckless gun handleing" "irresponcable" "unacceptable" "neglegenct" as opposed to how it reads now with "It's an accident. It could absolutely happen to anyone"

i am not saying that a ND could not happen to me but i can say that i would never put a known loaded gun somwhere loose to rattle around with things that will have agood chance of discharging it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

Proper gun handling includes paying attention to what you are doing.

She did neither, if the story is accurate. Quite simple.

To speculate, even with a manual safety, the way she must have grabbed the barrel and dragged it toward her, she could have disengaged a manual safety by dragging the gun along the floor of the trunk.

Sure Glocks elliminate one more step, but its just as easy to handle a Glock safely as any alternative.

Trigger got pulled, nobody's fault but her own. The media's approach to these incidents doesn't seem to change.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.