Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:32 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Bill's Weekend - Backwards round??? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:54 pm 
The Man

macphisto wrote:
What I meant is that the King Cobra is way too large and heavy for me (and probably many others) to consider carrying and the PT-22 is too small to be very effective.
Sure. But . . . since I (and many other instructors) encourage people to put off buying their carry piece until after taking the class, there'd be nothing wrong with using the Colt to qualify with.

And, that said, if you wanted to carry it, it would probably be easier to do that than you'd think. While I don't often carry my 629, with a good belt and holster, it's really not as bad as you'd think.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:
I don't think he will go for it, even used they are spendy...

You are correct, sir! I love that beast and it's great when I show it to my non-enthusiast friends and their eyes pop out of their heads. It was purchased, along with many other guns, by my father amidst the post-Columbine/pre-Y2K hysteria. I must say, he's got good taste.

joelr wrote:
since I (and many other instructors) encourage people to put off buying their carry piece until after taking the class, there'd be nothing wrong with using the Colt to qualify with.

Now that you mention it, and I think more about it, I probably will.

Even without a speedloader, ten shots with one reload in a minute seems like a cakewalk. Although, I will probably puss-out and use .38 Special. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:15 pm 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Absolutely nothing wrong with a full sized revolver. I would walk inot just about any situation with confidence iwth a six shooter in hand.

Revolvers are great. It is hard to beat a high quality revolver like the Colt....

But I still would take it off of your hands if you know - you decide not to love it.

(Thou Shalt not covet thy others firearms.... I keep repeating this......)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.