Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What is the best tacticolor 
 Post subject: Re: What is the best tacticolor
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:25 am 

'His and Hers' That's funny. :)

This just seems like it would play out like a bad SNL skit. You get involved in a life or death situation and end up having to use your gun in self defense AND THEN you call 911 to report it AND THEN oh yeah, you have to remove your CCW Sash from it's protective pleather pouch on your belt and place it over your shoulder and adjust it so the large CCW is visible to approaching officers.

As pointed out all of these ideas are bad because anyone can get one and therefore they are worthless. I could almost see some type of identifier (like a CCW badge) IF and ONLY IF it were issued by the state so it's use could be controlled. However, anything put out in that fashion can be easily copied so you are back to square one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm 
Journeyman Member

chunkstyle wrote:
But, oh, so fashionable. Wonder if I can get one in a Hawaiian floral print?

Hey did i not read somewhere that Joel likes to Hawaiian shirts? get him one of these for a present :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:22 am 

Every time I buy a gun, I buy an Uncle Mike's pocket holster to go with it. (In a pinch, it covers the trigger guard, and is soft-sided so I can shove it anywhere)

Also, I'd like to get my hands on a Hi-Point carbine and pistol (both in 9mm) - supposedly they're stupid-reliable, they're just ugly. I can justify bringing home an ugly gun, she's functional and efficient. (when it comes to $$$) - any shops that regularly stock them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:00 am 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
Every time I buy a gun, I buy an Uncle Mike's pocket holster to go with it. (In a pinch, it covers the trigger guard, and is soft-sided so I can shove it anywhere)

Also, I'd like to get my hands on a Hi-Point carbine and pistol (both in 9mm) - supposedly they're stupid-reliable, they're just ugly. I can justify bringing home an ugly gun, she's functional and efficient. (when it comes to $$$) - any shops that regularly stock them?

The Carbines are pretty much issue free if you can stomach the planet of the apes style. The pistols, not so much. Blow back operated handguns are infamously unrelaible.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 am 

mnglocker wrote:
The Carbines are pretty much issue free if you can stomach the planet of the apes style. The pistols, not so much. Blow back operated handguns are infamously unrelaible.

The Hi-Point pistols without the laser/compensator junk on them are quite reliable, and also function nicely as brick when you run out of ammo. The blow back operation works just fine with blazer/wolf ammo that has some pressure behind it.

In a big country dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:27 pm 

the hi points i have used were always reliable, just ugly as all hell. if it was what i could afford id carry on in a cheap holster. it beats no gun or no holster anyday.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.