Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Former Green Beret's advice 
 Post subject: Former Green Beret's advice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

This is too good not to post. A friend I know on teh internetz has this book and has been sharing some of the details with me:

o One of the calibers he advises is a .22lr for self defense because the Mossad assassination teams carry them.

o The problem with how folks load mags is that they load only one type of ammo. Better to load up with hollowpoints, ball, shot, and tracers. Always load in the same order. Then, if a situation presents itself where the proper round is needed, remove the magazine and pop out rounds until the proper ammo is ready to fire. If you've loaded with varying bullet weights that impact at various heights, memorize where they hit and when they'll come up in the rotation and just vary your aim.

o Police officers that are required by regs to wear a white shirt or hat should carry a dark colored shirt and/or hat with them. That way if they get into a gunfight at night they can change out of the white into the dark clothes and be less conspicuous.

Quote:
The Happy Handgunner - $14.95
Pistol Power And Precision

In just a few of 150+ pages, this book explains that most defensive handguns are loaded incorrectly. You can fix this problem and we show you how. Here, a former marksmanship instructor for the California highway Patrol and a Green Beret teach you how to extend the ability of any handgun to make it far more effective and accurate. The author explains variable stack loading for automatics and how it converts any handgun into a much more effective tool (weapon) for shooting at a variety of distances. Also, similar to our rifle book, it enables you to aim at a wall and discover your personal effective shooting distance.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Former Green Beret's advice
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

I see that I have been failing to provide my students with such stellar advice. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Surely, this is a satirical work, right? RIGHT?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
I see that I have been failing to provide my students with such stellar advice. :(

Maybe you're using using words that are too big:

Quote:
Author, Don Paul, says, "I write only unique survival and outdoor methods not found elsewhere to give you the best outdoor know-how available. My books are quick, easy-readers. (Average syllables per word = 1.6) The Pentagon Book Store has carried my books for years. Humor abounds and is off-the-wall. You will laugh & learn" Order These Books!

Another great line:
Quote:
Path Finder gathers material from Green Berets and Navy Seals, then translates that information into pleasant-speak and EZ read.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

macphisto wrote:
Surely, this is a satirical work, right? RIGHT?

Nope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

And from here:

Quote:
Description: From two experienced handgunners comes this complete guide that explains how to choose the perfect handgun, make handguns operate properly after dark, shoot with precision and more. Also includes all-new shooters' wobble grid(sic) to develop bullet placement skills.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have the explanation:

Quote:
Don does the writing, but in addition to what he knows, he gathers information and updates from long term friends with whom he shared years as a Green Beret. Some technical information (knife sharpening) comes from other experts.

Don has never been employed in a steady, nine-to-five job. In his twenties, he lived and worked in both Europe (Spain, France, and Germany for which he speaks the languages fluently). He then moved to Southeast Asia, where he headquartered in Thailand while traveling to Laos and Cambodia. Upon his return to the US, he carpentered, worked as a USPTA tennis professional, was a volunteer San Diego cop, and speculated in real estate.

In early 1976, Sgt Don Paul was called to active duty as a Green Beret. While jumping into the Panama Jungle at night from 1,000 ft. both parachutes failed---which brought his Special Forces career to a sudden halt. He became a Christian and continues to work for various fundamental churches.

He obviously landed on his head.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

From Amazon:

Quote:
Product Description
Not just a book---but a handgun revolution. The authors go over Basic Ballistics, Mix n Match Loading, Accuracy, Choosing Handguns, Guns for women, Improving handguns, Methods of carry, Engagement, Making your own bullets, plus much more to create pistol power and precision. Many new concepts and ideas not found anywhere else.

...because they're so fucking retarded nobody else would dare to write, let alone publish, such tripe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
This is too good not to post. A friend I know on teh internetz has this book and has been sharing some of the details with me:

o One of the calibers he advises is a .22lr for self defense because the Mossad assassination teams carry them.

o The problem with how folks load mags is that they load only one type of ammo. Better to load up with hollowpoints, ball, shot, and tracers. Always load in the same order. Then, if a situation presents itself where the proper round is needed, remove the magazine and pop out rounds until the proper ammo is ready to fire. If you've loaded with varying bullet weights that impact at various heights, memorize where they hit and when they'll come up in the rotation and just vary your aim.

o Police officers that are required by regs to wear a white shirt or hat should carry a dark colored shirt and/or hat with them. That way if they get into a gunfight at night they can change out of the white into the dark clothes and be less conspicuous.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.