Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 More from DEA agent who shot himself in front of kids 
 Post subject: More from DEA agent who shot himself in front of kids
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.wimp.com/shootingaccident/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:45 pm 
1911 tainted

So a professional race car driver looses control of his car and hits the wall. He should be able to sue who ever releases the video of him hitting the wall. The race car driver has lost his credibility, who would sponsor him now, which would result in financial loss. I can see no difference between the race car driver situation and this goof ball's situation. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:48 pm 
Delicate Flower

Wimp..............he is still employed. Be different if he had been let go.

Next time I embarrass myself in some way I think I will sue my employer.....hmm....wait that's me. :shock: :? Never mind.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

I saw this video on a late night program and I was surprised to see how poor he handled the gun by dropping the side with a mag in the gun.

Darwin it is. To bad he diid not blow his family jewels off so he can't breed! :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:27 pm 

love the avatar srigs. made me laugh immediately. caddyshack is such a hilarious movie!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

the_interpreter wrote:
love the avatar srigs. made me laugh immediately. caddyshack is such a hilarious movie!!

My favorite movie!

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:38 am 
Longtime Regular

I think it would be nice if Joel could spare some space on this or a similar server for educational vidios, photos and articles like this one. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:26 pm 

One of my wholesalers emailed me the video. The worst part was when he limped around and tried to continue as if nothing had happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:22 am 
Longtime Regular

I MAY BE A CHICKEN LITTLE, but here's what happened.

I saw the video some time ago, but last night I went back to the site to try and download it to my laptop so I could use it in my basic pistol classes. Right after the download completed, my spybot software sprang into action saying there were changes that were about to be made to my registry, would I like to allow them. Being a techy and knowing I didn't do anything to cause the changes I answered no and made the no a permanent answer. The question came up about 20 times and I answered the same way for all, now I new I had been infected. The spyware came up with some very convincing looking messages that purported to come from Microsoft, and some others that looked hokey and it wanted to open a “Anti spyware” webpage.
I disconnected from my network, and started running scans using CA antivirus, AdAware and Spybot: after about 3 hours of scanning and rebooting, I think I have it cleared out.

The upshot of this is if you try to download this video, be prepared for a fight with the “Scumware”.

I hope this helps someone else.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:31 am 
Forum Moderator

I've got a clean copy (I just scanned it with Norton) on my drive that's 7 meg. Anybody that wants it let me know and I'll send it to you!

Greg

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:49 am 
Delicate Flower

Greg wrote:
I've got a clean copy (I just scanned it with Norton) on my drive that's 7 meg. Anybody that wants it let me know and I'll send it to you!

Greg

I would like a copy...........thanks in advance :!:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:47 am 
Longtime Regular

Selurcspi wrote:
I MAY BE A CHICKEN LITTLE, but here's what happened.

Must be using Internet Explorer?

Firefox blocks some pop-up and video runs just fine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:04 am 
Longtime Regular

cobb wrote:
So a professional race car driver looses control of his car and hits the wall. He should be able to sue who ever releases the video of him hitting the wall. The race car driver has lost his credibility, who would sponsor him now, which would result in financial loss. I can see no difference between the race car driver situation and this goof ball's situation. :roll:

In this situation you sue the company that built the wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
I saw this video on a late night program and I was surprised to see how poor he handled the gun by dropping the side with a mag in the gun.

Based on his comments in the video regarding the Glock .40 and all the Glock fans he knows (Two-Pop, Eyez Kube, Fititty Sent and others), I would guess he received his firearms training from MTV. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:15 am 
Longtime Regular

tepin wrote:
Based on his comments in the video regarding the Glock .40 and all the Glock fans he knows (Two-Pop, Eyez Kube, Fititty Sent and others), I would guess he received his firearms training from MTV. :o

The alternative is that he was trying to communicate with his audience. The people they're likely to have heard glorifying the Glock .40 were those he mentioned and he may have been speaking of a Glock, [in] .40. The details of caliber and stopping power, and etc are probably far beyond his audience.

That said, VERY poor safety and etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.