Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:02 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 More from DEA agent who shot himself in front of kids 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Surely there must be a better way to communicate with kids about guns than the way he chose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

Old Dude wrote:
Surely there must be a better way to communicate with kids about guns than the way he chose.

It was certainly a very strong lesson in how easy it is to make mistakes with a gun...

But yes, you're right, there are undoubtably better ways to communicate. I've seen the Glock 40 slam on the guy over and over again and thought I could understand where he was coming from and it was a semantic distinction, not a misstatement of model number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:32 am 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
tepin wrote:
Based on his comments in the video regarding the Glock .40 and all the Glock fans he knows (Two-Pop, Eyez Kube, Fititty Sent and others), I would guess he received his firearms training from MTV. :o

The alternative is that he was trying to communicate with his audience. The people they're likely to have heard glorifying the Glock .40 were those he mentioned and he may have been speaking of a Glock, [in] .40. The details of caliber and stopping power, and etc are probably far beyond his audience.

That said, VERY poor safety and etc.

I absolutely agree that he was talking to the MTV culture in the audience and playing to the crowd. In doing so and in “acting” like a gangster himself (based on his gun handling techniques – you know, shooting the g-thang turned sideways), he missed an opportunity to set a better example for the kids in the room and to also convey the professionalism many associate with Federal law enforcement (maybe he should have been wearing a shirt and tie too). As a result of grandstanding, he also forgot the cardinal rule, “always assume a gun is loaded until visually inspected (each time you pick up the firearm)”. As a result, he almost killed himself and could have killed someone else in the room. It’s a good thing the presentation started with the Glock and not the M16. On a personal note, he should be fired from the DEA for gross negligence and endangerment. I hope he loses his cases against the feds because I certainly don’t want my federal tax dollars paying for someone else’s stupidity. :evil:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.