Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sheriff's Deputy Mistakes Pistol for Taser 
 Post subject: !
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:43 pm 

OH? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

I should probably point out, in case anyone misunderstood, that it is the suspect's reaction I found hilarious.

The whole issue with the officer is (and should be treated as) very serious. It sounds very much like the kind of thing that could happen if the officer were extremely tired and lacked proper attitude and training. Or he was just really, really annoyed and wanted to shoot someone in the leg. If that's the case, I hope he's quickly ejected from the department and tried in court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:47 am 

"He said, `Ow, that hurt. I'm coming down..."

That's a classic! :lol:

I'm a little surprised the other deputy(s) or anyone else at the scene didn't notice this guy draw his weapon instead of a taser. I mean, did this guy just decide I'm going to taser this guy sitting in this tree all on his own and draw and shoot in a flash? Simply amazing how these things can happen at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:53 am 
Longtime Regular

Not sure if it's SOP everywhere or not, but our county deputies are supposed to shout out "Deploying Taser" or something similar when they draw the Taser, to notify the other officers on scene that they are not drawing their guns.
And as reserve officers, we are to follow the same procedure.
The Tasers the deputies carry are dark and smaller vs the big yellow ones the preceeded them (the ones we reserves now carry). It wouldn't be all that easy, especially if it was getting dark out, to tell right off the bat if the weapon was the taser or a pistol.
Add in stress and a little commotion at the scene, and you have a potential problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

The relevant lesson for us, the carry permit holders, is that pistols are not guaranteed man-stoppers -- although they may often cause one to say "ow!"

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've never been shot with a handgun, rifle or shotgun, but I've been Tasered, and if I recall, I said something akin to OW.
But my version of OW had 4 letters. And none of those letters was an "O" or a "W".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.