Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Some people should not handle guns .... 
 Post subject: Some people should not handle guns ....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:22 am 

MORGANTON, N.C. (AP) - A man who is legally blind accidentally shot and killed his wife while trying to balance a plate of fried chicken and a pistol, authorities said. Kelly Honeycutt, of Morganton, was moving into a new home with his wife, Norita, on Monday night.

Honeycutt, who found the .38-caliber pistol in a box, shot his wife in the head after she handed him the food, Burke County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Beall said.

Beall said no charges were filed by investigators, but the case was sent to the county prosecutor's office for a final determination.

Beall said the husband was more than 50 percent blind, had limited movement and was in advanced stages of multiple sclerosis. His wife was his caretaker.

"They had a storybook marriage,'' Beall said. "No history of domestic violence, no indication of alcohol abuse. It just looks like a case of bad timing while handling a gun.''

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Some people should not handle guns ....
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:49 am 
Longtime Regular

W0THK wrote:
..."It just looks like a case of bad timing while handling a gun.''

Bad timing? :shock: Try "violating all four basic safety rules simultaneously"! Tragic, certainly, but don't talk about it as though it weren't preventable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hum......wonder how he and the little woman were getting along..... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:14 pm 

JDR wrote:

Have you ever moved house? That'll do it to anybody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:36 am 
Longtime Regular

chinakay wrote:
JDR wrote:

Have you ever moved house? That'll do it to anybody.

Especially when the wife wants this piece of furniture over there....Grunt... no I think over there would be better....grunt...no I liked it better where it was......LOL

Not that my wife does that.

BTW... never teach your wife to shoot and then make fun of her in public.

Well, it's been nice knowing all of you.

I hope some of you get the joke.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:00 am 

That's gonna cost you, buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Scored a head-shot while doing a trick? Since we know (the media doesn't know) that guns simply don't discharge by themselves, some of them are even incapable of discharging when slammed against walls ... his head-shot just gives me a little pause to wonder. How did the gun discharge?

Speaking of guns killing spouses ... you know that Tennessee preacher's wife who shot her husband had fallen for one of those Nigerian Email Scams? I guess they were arguing over money, and she had lost a lot of money by falling for a Nigerian Email and he was probably telling her the truth that she was a fuc*** idiot.

Would you fall for this? (see below)

Dear Friend: I am contacting you because an aquaintance said you were honest. I have 800 zillion dollars that I need to transfer out of the country so if you give me your bank info I can send it there and I'll give you 15% for the trouble. Thank you, Supreme General Booboo Matootoo, Lagos, Nigeria.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

lance22 wrote:
Scored a head-shot while doing a trick? Since we know (the media doesn't know) that guns simply don't discharge by themselves, some of them are even incapable of discharging when slammed against walls ... his head-shot just gives me a little pause to wonder. How did the gun discharge?

Speaking of guns killing spouses ... you know that Tennessee preacher's wife who shot her husband had fallen for one of those Nigerian Email Scams? I guess they were arguing over money, and she had lost a lot of money by falling for a Nigerian Email and he was probably telling her the truth that she was a fuc*** idiot.

Would you fall for this? (see below)

Dear Friend: I am contacting you because an aquaintance said you were honest. I have 800 zillion dollars that I need to transfer out of the country so if you give me your bank info I can send it there and I'll give you 15% for the trouble. Thank you, Supreme General Booboo Matootoo, Lagos, Nigeria.

DAM! This is a scam! :shock: I already spent my 15% on guns!

We have some puppies listed for sale on the internet (among other places). Of the first 3 calls we had, 2 were scams. The world has gone to crap!

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

What kind of puppies?

Post subject: Re: Some people should not handle guns ....
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

W0THK wrote:
Honeycutt, who found the .38-caliber pistol in a box, shot his wife in the head after she handed him the food, Burke County Sheriff's Sgt. Robert Beall said.

Maybe dinner was overcooked?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.