Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What Would You Do? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pinnacle, ya'll got a facinating website. Makes me want to go out and buy armor right now.

Back to the subject at hand. I did the rent a cop gig alot of years ago. I had a 100% conviction rate because I never, ever detained anyone unless I was 101% sure. I scored better than 365 convictions in a single year once. . . which ain't crap if you are a cop and traffic tickets count . . . but if you are a rent a cop, well, ya'll get what I am saying. From that side of the pond, I gotta say,

1. Ask them if a crime has been committed, and if they are accusing you of a crime.
2. Allow them to see your receipt and look in your bags that came from the store.
3. If they want to search your person, repeat #1.
4. If they persist, pull out your cell phone (or use theirs) and say, "I'm calling the police". No ifs, ands, or buts about it - they pressed the issue, so now they suffer the consequences. Also, call your lawyer if you have one on retainer.
5. Wait until the cops arrive and let management experience egg on their face.

Now that is good advice! I won’t answer #1, but ya aren’t leaving without a police esscort. #2 is cool, but a frequent scam is to walk in with a clothing store bag in the back pocket of your jeans, load it with stuff ya can trade for drugs and send your (2 and 5 year old) kid(s) out to the grocery store side walk to wait until you have purchased your bag O’ chips or the reverse. . . grocery bag . . . in a clothing store. #3 “I don’t care but it is going to be even more embracing when the cops pull the crap out of your sleeves. Fess up and at least you can bend your elbows for the 20 or so minutes it is going to take a squad to show up” was how that usually went. #4 is hard to do in cuffs. “I had someone call the police before I engaged in this conversation with you. If you reach for something I will feel the need to defend myself”. #5 I don’t care if you are a scout leader & have been for a long time. If you steal and I catch you, you WILL go to jail. Oh, and I never, ever put my hands on somebody without warning . . . when I did, I can’t think of a time a gun would have helped them. The game was always over before it started, cops always on the way before I addressed the perp, conclusion was never anything but conviction & I am sure I let a lot slip by for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:20 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Macx wrote:
Pinnacle, ya'll got a facinating website. Makes me want to go out and buy armor right now.

Back to the subject at hand. I did the rent a cop gig alot of years ago. I had a 100% conviction rate because I never, ever detained anyone unless I was 101% sure. I scored better than 365 convictions in a single year once. . . which ain't crap if you are a cop and traffic tickets count . . . but if you are a rent a cop, well, ya'll get what I am saying. From that side of the pond, I gotta say,

1. Ask them if a crime has been committed, and if they are accusing you of a crime.
2. Allow them to see your receipt and look in your bags that came from the store.
3. If they want to search your person, repeat #1.
4. If they persist, pull out your cell phone (or use theirs) and say, "I'm calling the police". No ifs, ands, or buts about it - they pressed the issue, so now they suffer the consequences. Also, call your lawyer if you have one on retainer.
5. Wait until the cops arrive and let management experience egg on their face.

Now that is good advice! I won’t answer #1, but ya aren’t leaving without a police esscort. #2 is cool, but a frequent scam is to walk in with a clothing store bag in the back pocket of your jeans, load it with stuff ya can trade for drugs and send your (2 and 5 year old) kid(s) out to the grocery store side walk to wait until you have purchased your bag O’ chips or the reverse. . . grocery bag . . . in a clothing store. #3 “I don’t care but it is going to be even more embracing when the cops pull the crap out of your sleeves. Fess up and at least you can bend your elbows for the 20 or so minutes it is going to take a squad to show up” was how that usually went. #4 is hard to do in cuffs. “I had someone call the police before I engaged in this conversation with you. If you reach for something I will feel the need to defend myself”. #5 I don’t care if you are a scout leader & have been for a long time. If you steal and I catch you, you WILL go to jail. Oh, and I never, ever put my hands on somebody without warning . . . when I did, I can’t think of a time a gun would have helped them. The game was always over before it started, cops always on the way before I addressed the perp, conclusion was never anything but conviction & I am sure I let a lot slip by for it.

WE TAKE CREDIT CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIFE AROUND ME IS BORING - THE OLD ME LEFT MOST OF THE EXCITEMENT BEHIND IN MY LAST LIFE - ANOTHER TIME ANOTHER PLACE....

I GET TO SHOOT A LOT AND I HAVE TO DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME - I DO A LOT OF THE BALLISTICS WORK FOR THE COMPANY ...... FUN STUFF ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 am 
Longtime Regular

So I guess the question I'd ask is:

If ya came up against a rent a cop as I have described myslef in lives past, what then? In the peoples republic of IL, we didn't have armed citizens . . . but what would it look like if? Armament = criminal in the world I rent-a-copped in. Up here a dude could be with the same mentality regardless of the law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:40 am 
Longtime Regular

IMHO, a security guard shouldn't be assaulting anybody. Get pertinent info, description of subject, vehicle, etc and call the REAL cops. With most of the states having some sort of carry law, a gun does not a criminal make. If a security guard can detain someone without assaulting them, then good. Even then, it's a very fine line. Obviously, one has to use their head for more than a hair holder or hat rack. I will guarantee that were I ever to be assaulted by some security guard, lawsuits would be forthcoming.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.