Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 "Well-Educated Man Arrested..." 
 Post subject: "Well-Educated Man Arrested..."
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://denver.yourhub.com/Story.aspx?contentid=115170

Quote:
A 'well-educated man' arrested on weapon counts
e-mail to a friend | print this
Contributed by: Jeff Thomas/YourHub.com on 8/18/2006

Incidents reported by Boulder Police

A "well-educated" 21-year-old Boulder man was arrested for allegedly leaving a Glock 9 mm gun in Central Park, after admittedly falling asleep there after a night of drinking, according to reports. Officers said they were called to the park, near the intersection of Canyon Boulevard and Broadway street, by Boulder Parks personnel who found the gun with a loaded magazine of 17 hollow-point bullets. Parks employees had also told police that the apparent owner of the gun was at the band shell at the park, trying to locate his weapon, according to reports. The owner told police he had bought the weapon in fear of his roommate. The susepcect allegedly told officer he lost the gun when he fell asleep at the park on his way home after a night's drinking. The suspect apparently took umbrage at his arrest for suspicion of unlawful concealment and prohibited use of a weapon (possession of a weapon under the influence), telling police he was a double major in biochemistry and chemistry at the University of Colorado. "I am a well-education man and fell if anyone can be a responsible gun owner, it's me," he allegedly told police. He was booked and held at Boulder County Jail.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
"I am a well-educated man and feel if anyone can be a responsible gun owner, it's me,"

"I am the only one in this room professional enough to... "

Quote:
telling police he was a double major in biochemistry and chemistry at the University of Colorado

Apparently, he doesn't know enough chemistry to understand that alcohol reacts negatively with firearms.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

"found the gun with a loaded magazine of 17 hollow-point bullets".

Apparently this makes it even worse. I wonder how many rounds is acceptable? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

I think they are more going after the "Hollow Points".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:
I think they are more going after the "Hollow Points".

A perfectly legal, legally manufactured personal protection round. I'm shocked. :shock:

Post subject: Re: "Well-Educated Man Arrested..."
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
A 'well-educated man' arrested on weapon counts
The suspect apparently took umbrage at his arrest for suspicion of unlawful concealment and prohibited use of a weapon (possession of a weapon under the influence), telling police he was a double major in biochemistry and chemistry at the University of Colorado. "I am a well-education man and fell if anyone can be a responsible gun owner, it's me," he allegedly told police.

This makes me think of my dilbert calendar for Moday (OK so I'm cheating by looking ahead).:
Boss (interviewing Phd.): Wow! you have three masters degrees and a Phd!

Phd: Yes, it's all very impressive, but interestingly, I have no common sense whatsoever.

Boss: That's not he sort of thing you should say during a job interview.

Phd: I don't see why not.

New tag line? "I'm the only one in this room educated enough to...."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.