Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:56 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 It pays to get some instruction 
 Post subject: It pays to get some instruction
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:19 am 
Longtime Regular

This is sort of funny (albeit potentially dangerous), but a good illustration of why you don't just hand a gun to a noob.

http://mojoflix.com/Video/Chick-Shooting.html

I also disagree with the sentiments expressed in the video about women and guns.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:37 am 
Raving Moderate

Indeed. Leaning a bit forward, instead of rearward, would have helped considerably...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:59 pm 

Reminds me of being in a duck boat with my father. I was about 12 years old and had a single shot 410 that was issued to me. Mind you for being 12 years old I was pretty good with that little gun, I put 2 older brothers to shame a couple of times with it. Well dad thought that I should try the Mod 31 Remington, when a couple of mallards were making their way towards us. He told me to lean into it and hold on, needless to say I started out pointing the thing over the port side of the boat and ended up damn near on my back in the water on the starboard side. I have never been wacked so hard in my life! Everyone got a great laugh out of it (except me). Well I did finally grow up, and when I turned 16 I got a 870 wingmaster for my birthday (just like my 2 older brothers). My dad and 1 brother our no longer with us, but the memory will last forever. And yes, I still have the wingmaster.

RTK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm 
1911 tainted

Could have been a bad situation, she could have shot off most of her foot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:03 pm 
Delicate Flower

:? looked staged to me...........but what do I know :? Been wrong before :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: It pays to get some instruction
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
This is sort of funny (albeit potentially dangerous), but a good illustration of why you don't just hand a gun to a noob.

http://mojoflix.com/Video/Chick-Shooting.html

I also disagree with the sentiments expressed in the video about women and guns.

We've just seen this floated over at Women & Guns. The guy who brought it up lacked the sense to approach it with any sort of tact, though in his defense he did seem apologetic later.

It's really kind of interesting how the same video can be used in different ways depending on the intent of the person sharing it and how a few carefully chosen words make the difference between it coming off as a mean-spirited way to "put women in their place" (which, if some of those posters at one site that shows this video only knew IS behind a gun) or a lighthearted reminder that education is important.

Post subject: Hand a gun to a Noob?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:20 pm 

It's and easy program. I load the gun to the mag limit. Rack it and shoot all but one. Then hand the gun to the Noob. They get one shot. If they drop it, I'm (and All Around) are safe. My wife took several shots with the .22. then I gave her the .380 With 1 round in it. she didn't drop it, but I caught her when she backed up. She hit the outer Ring. (It would have bleed). I am currently in a divorce, Not related I hope!
de ka0old

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.