Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 [FL] Officer shoots himself at birthday party 
 Post subject: [FL] Officer shoots himself at birthday party
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Another one to file under 'I am the only one professional enough...':

Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Sept. 30 (UPI) -- Florida sheriff's deputy Matt Barnes was celebrating his 26th birthday when he accidentally shot himself fatally in the face while showing friends his gun.

The Jacksonville (Fla.) Times-Union reported that Barnes, who was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting Friday, had been showing friends a handgun he had claimed to be unloaded when it discharged.

Authorities said alcohol likely played a part in the St. Johns County officer's death and that the two-year Sheriff's Office veteran had pulled the trigger himself went the gun went off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:43 pm 
Delicate Flower

Again........

Alcohol and guns don't mix!!!! :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Did the other one happen in Florida?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:
Did the other one happen in Florida?
The DEA guy? Yeah, Orlando. There's just something about Florida.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Common sense is not Common! Another Darwin award winner...

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:18 am 
Longtime Regular

He broke two of the four rules. Treat every gun as if it's loaded and never point a gun at anything you don't wish to kill or destroy.

My bro in law's wife decided she would bujy her daughter a toy gun a while back. She was pointing it at people and "shooting" them. I jumped in and told her of one of the rules. She was somewhat disappointed and her sheeple anti mother just glared at me. (NO GUNS in MY house !!) I was like........ WTFO ?!?!? I don't mind my niece playing with guns, but she should learn responsibly. She's eight.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:21 pm 
Longtime Regular

BigRobT wrote:
He broke two of the four rules. Treat every gun as if it's loaded and never point a gun at anything you don't wish to kill or destroy.

My bro in law's wife decided she would bujy her daughter a toy gun a while back. She was pointing it at people and "shooting" them. I jumped in and told her of one of the rules. She was somewhat disappointed and her sheeple anti mother just glared at me. (NO GUNS in MY house !!) I was like........ WTFO ?!?!? I don't mind my niece playing with guns, but she should learn responsibly. She's eight.

He broke three that I count. In addition to the two you mention, keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

Isn't it bizarre how some people are so freaked out about evil guns, but they buy their kids toy guns or games with shooting and then don't see that the kids learn proper safety rules or moral rules about use of deadly force? I guess that just demonstrates that they don't realize that crime, accidents and the like all begin in the mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tick Slayer wrote:
Isn't it bizarre how some people are so freaked out about evil guns, but they buy their kids toy guns or games with shooting and then don't see that the kids learn proper safety rules or moral rules about use of deadly force? I guess that just demonstrates that they don't realize that crime, accidents and the like all begin in the mind.

I think it is because the parents don't know proper safety rules. I think a goodly number of people in this country have no idea at all about gun safety, or how guns work, so they buy the lies that are handed too them by the news media, TV, movies, and the anti-gun politicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yes, but I think it goes even deeper than not knowing safety rules. I've seen parents freak out when I corrected, in a low key way, a child's poor safety habits with a gun toy. I think that connecting the toy with the real thing really frightens some parents. They don't want to think that the child's behavior with the toy could have real-life consequences and hope that by not alerting the child to the possibility that they will avert any improper use of real firearms.

I completely agree about many parents being indoctrinated about guns (guns cause crime, guns kill, guns have no purpose other than visiting injustice on innocents, guns are unpredictible, only cops are professional enough to have guns, etc.) by the media and anti groups.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.