Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:04 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 SHTF = Squirrel Hiding in The Furnace 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

mpthole wrote:
FWIW, that was originally written by the WI Concealed Carry Assn's own Dick Baker (unfortunate name, I know ;) ) aka MonkeyLeg.

Thanks for the information, I will update my original to give credit where credit is due. I think I got it off the Firing Line.

Have a good one.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 pm 

No problem. Dick has been a long time member of both TheFiringLine.com and TheHighRoad.org.

MADFI Certified Instructor (#60)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Easier solution:

1) Turn furnace on full blast.

2) In the spring, clean carbonized bones from furnace flue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:
Well you got most of it, although the first idea I came up with didn't work as intended. It involved a tennis raquet (now what I was doing with a tennis raquet in park rapids...) can we all say "batminton"? :roll: :oops: :shock:

I saw that very technique used in a bar in WI. Bat flying around, girls screaming, the bartender hops onto the bar with a tennis raquet, waits........waits.........waits..........single overhead smash.......bat was a gonna, bartender hopped down and started pouring beers as if nothing happened My first WI bar experience!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Reminds me of my woodchuck story.

My wife and I left to do some errands in town. We live in the country so the garage door stays open most of the time when we are home. Took her car, backed out of the garage and used the opener to shut the door. (Double garage, but it seems like her car gets parked inside such that my car won't fit, so mine usually sits outside.)

We spend a couple hours in town, come home and hit the opener. I see a flash of fur across the floor and under the grill stored covered in the corner. I look inside the garage and just about eventhing is knocked over, paw prints on the two windows. Stuff knocked off my workbenchs and he left a large deposit on the floor. I normally keep a fairly neat garage.

I was pissed.

OK, plan of action. Get the wife in the house. Get a gun (I wasn't carrying at the time, probably a good thing). I'm a 1911 45 ACP kind of guy so that was my first thought. Thought about the 45 shot rounds I had since it would be in the garage. Decided my SW 317 (22 revolver) would be enough and quicker to retrieve. (Ask me sometime about my "storage" area.) Got it and loaded quickly. Eight rounds of 22 should be enough.

I could just see him. Drew a sight picture. Started a trigger squeeze. Remembered, "look at your target and beyond".

Propane tank! Stopped the trigger squeeze. Lowered the hammer.

OK, plan two.

Kept the gun, got the garden hose. Turned on the water. Flooded the woodchuck out from under the grill. Dropped the hose, water still on. I got squirted full blast with the hose. The waterlogged chuck ran out of the garage, under the wife's new Outback, so no chance of a shot. I ran around the car, still being sprayed with the water hose, got the handgun out, tried to get a sight picture through water soaked glasses but couldn't see through all the drops on my glasses.

Woodchuck runs away across the lawn. I'm sure we were both soaked with water about the same. Haven't seen him since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:40 pm 

had a car that died on me once that I had towed to the yard to "work on it"... but then I bought a used truck so it sat in the yard. woodchuck decided that making a home in the engine compartment next to the battery was a good idea. I come home one evening and hear scratching noises coming out from under the hood. go inside and grab Ruger Mark1, go back outsie and thump on the hood. hear scittering but nobody comes out from underneath. open the hood and see furry @#$% take refuge behind/under motor! unfortunately for him/her, it was "hiding" with a big enough hole to watch me! apparantly, the rodent brain didn't understand that if there was enough room for it to watch me, there was room enough for me to see it, while looking down the sights! POW! then I just had to retrieve the carcass from under the vehicle.

got another one a month later in a similar fashion...

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:43 am 
Longtime Regular

"Mom" once called to tell me she thought there was a squirel in her attic... She didn't find it funny when I told her I would stop over with my shotgun...

Mothers have no sense of humor!

Mostly-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.