Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Moorhead Gun Range 
 Post subject: Moorhead Gun Range
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:11 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

From KSTP:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S11205.html?cat=1
Quote:
MOORHEAD, Minn. (AP) - American Crystal Sugar is asking a nearby gun range to move after bullets have whizzed by employees and damaged equipment.

For now, shooting is on hold at the Moorhead Rod and Gun Club as it tries to negotiate with the company and avoid legal action. Club board secretary Jeff Froiland said American Crystal has threatened court action that would close the range if it isn't moved.

American Crystal spokesman Jeff Schweitzer said the close calls and equipment damage were reported near some lagoons east of the range. American Crystal owns land that surrounds the range on all but the north side.

"This is really about the safety of our employees," he said.

Gun club members say they're willing to move, but it will be difficult to leave the club location they've used for almost 90 years, club president Joel Money said.

Money said the club has known about American Crystal's concerns for about seven years.

"This time they came to us and pretty well mandated, well, you're done," he said.

But Froiland said relocating could be good news for the club's 300 members. Right now the club has five acres, but Froiland said the club would prefer 10 or more acres.

Maybe I should have posted this under the Free Fire section... Get it? ... free FIRE!! ha ha

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:47 am 
Longtime Regular

I'd be interested to see how the range is laid out. Are bullets sailing over the backstop? Is the company full of baloney? Hard to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:43 pm 

Who was there first, looks like the range has been there for 90 years.

Sounds a lot like the case of the idiots that buy a house near the airport then expect the taxpayers to soundproof their home.

I'm not saying that the claims of bullets flying shouldn't be investigated. Maybe they need to build up their backstop or something. But there is the possibility there there isn't anything happening. Are these claims that bullets have gone awry proven?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:23 pm 
1911 tainted

When I shot up there this April at an IDPA regional match, I though the sugar plant ran parallel to the range, not behind the berms.

I will link this forum to one of the IDPA shooters in the Moorhead area and maybe get some input.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:37 pm 
1911 tainted

Well, I got a reply from a Moorhead area shooter about their range conflict, I got this.

Quote:
I cannot comment right now on the situation until after negotiations have finished. Then I will give you more info.

I guess it would be best to keep ones thoughts to themselves until this matter is settled.
8)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.