Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I've locked my gun safe and can't get it open! 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:24 am 

I wish I would have seen this earlier.

If it makes you feel any better we had a similar issue with a doskill safe about six months ago. I was out of town and my wife wasn't super familiar with how the safe worked aside from just opening and closing it.

I got a frantic call in the middle of the night thousands of miles away it had been beeping incessently (low battery) so she opened it, emptied it and left it open. It alarmed because of being left open for too long so out of frustration and lack of sleep she closed it hoping that would silent the alarm (it didn't and now the batteries were locked in). Big mistake.

After trying to get our personal combo in it we realized that somehow the combination reset itself to the default, the batteries were low enough to still trip the low battery sensor yet had enough juice in them to be releasing its horribly loud low battery warning alarm every 30 seconds. Worse, when you tried to enter a code to see if you figured out what the default code was the full alarm would go off (for a 1/2 hour or so). She had been trying everything she could think of for 3 hours even before she called me (with the alarm going off the whole time).

She couldn't find the manual to see what the default code was and couldn't get it to stop, the animals were going nuts and no one was getting any sleep. I found the support number to doskill but they weren't open on the weekends (much less at 3 am). When I got home the next day we found the manual and reset it.

I think that the electronics in it are borked, it ate through the next set of batteries in less than a week and started giving the low battery alarm again (this time we knew where the manual was but of course it started going off at 2 am). It's just a big ol paperweight for me now. I should really find a place for her to go and shoot it up real good because that was a heck of a night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:09 am 
Longtime Regular

wildhunter wrote:

After trying to get our personal combo in it we realized that somehow the combination reset itself to the default, the batteries were low enough to still trip the low battery sensor yet had enough juice in them to be releasing its horribly loud low battery warning alarm every 30 seconds. Worse, when you tried to enter a code to see if you figured out what the default code was the full alarm would go off (for a 1/2 hour or so). She had been trying everything she could think of for 3 hours even before she called me (with the alarm going off the whole time).

I'm sorry, Dave, but I'm afraid I can't let you do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Joe you are a funny guy with to many pictures to link to! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:50 pm 

squib_joe wrote:

I'm sorry, Dave, but I'm afraid I can't let you do that.

My name IS Dave... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Excellent the plan is working just as predicted. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:03 pm 

muuuaahhhhh ha ha ha ha!!!! :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.