Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:05 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 What ATF press release calls heavily armed! 
 Post subject: What ATF press release calls heavily armed!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:20 am 
Forum Moderator

Note that "heavily armed" constitutes two .380s! At least they didn't claim to be outgunned.

Over reaching claims aside, I'm glad these bozos are in jail and off the streets.

http://www.atf.gov/press/fy06press/fiel ... rrests.htm

Carlos Baixauli, Special Agent
Public Information Officer
(813) 202-7300
(813) 202-7301 Fax
(813) 426-5222 Cell

For Immediate Release
www.atf.gov
November 3, 2005

ATF ARRESTS 6 IN ‘HOME INVASION’ STYLE ARMED ROBBERY

TAMPA, Fla. -- Ralph C. Ostrowski, Special Agent in Charge of the Tampa Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), along with Paul Perez, U.S. Attorney for the Middle Judicial District of Florida, and Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee today announced that a joint investigation by ATF and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office has led to the arrest of six people who were attempting to commit a “home invasion”-style armed robbery.

The three adults and three juveniles were arrested at a mini warehouse after showing undercover ATF agents that they were ready to rob five to 15 kilograms of cocaine from the occupants of an alleged drug house.

The arrested adults, all from Tampa, were Isail Reyes, 26; Luis Alex Gutierrez, 19; and John Docampo, 18. They and the juveniles were charged with use of a firearm during and in relation to any crime of violence or drug trafficking crime, trafficking in a controlled substance and conspiracy to traffic in a controlled substance. Authorities were pursuing reports that the suspects were linked to the Latin Kings gang.

The two-month undercover investigation also led to the seizure two .380-caliber pistols.

“ATF and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office today averted a potentially dangerous situation that included heavily armed individuals, who were preparing to commit a home invasion-style armed robbery,” Ostrowski said. “We are thankful to have been in a position to thwart this plan.”

If convicted, each suspect charged faces a potential 25 years in prison. A complaint is merely a formal charge that a defendant has committed a violation of federal law and is not evidence of guilt. Every defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

###

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: What ATF press release calls heavily armed!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:49 am 
1911 tainted

Greg wrote:
The two-month undercover investigation also led to the seizure two .380-caliber pistols.

“ATF and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office today averted a potentially dangerous situation that included heavily armed individuals.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:01 am 

My carry's a .380. "Heavily armed"...MOST gratifying. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:27 am 
Forum Moderator

You are all reading this incorrectly. I saw the picture of the perps; one weighed about 375#...i.e., heavily armed.

There is no way a good reporter or any ATF employee would say that a .380 turns a perp into one that is heavily armed. No,.. not a chance. :)

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ATF Lexicon
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:59 am 
Longtime Regular

Armed: - Pocket knife found in person's car in 'junk box'.
Armed and Dangerous - Pocket knife was thought to be in person's pocket. Turned out to be only a tube of lip balm.
Heavily Armed - Person has small caliber of cheap make. This is worth months of investigation.
Armed and Barricaded - Person has small pistol in his home. Person shot at their doorway during ATF raid turned out to be an unrelated solicitor.
Carrying an Arsenal - Person has small caliber pistol and swiss army knife.
Assault Weapon - Single shot, break action scattergun inherited from grampa, not used in 50 years.
Dangerous Assault Weapon - Single shot shotgun described above was found with fewer than three locks attached to it.
Sniper Rifle - Ruger 10/22 found in person's home. This is worth a year of undercover activity to get such a beast out of the community. Only the military should posses such a dangerous weapon.
Long range sniper rifle - Ruger 10/22 chambered for .22 WMR.
Para-Military Equipment - Gun owner was found to also have military supplies in home - these supplies are (1) a post card sent from Grampa from Okinawa in 1945 (2) a mail solicitation from Navy recruiter found in mailbox (3) an MRE in trunk of person's car, found next to blanket and flashlight, both of which have been noted as being used by military forces world-wide.
Dangerous Gun Nut - Person has posted messages on TwinCitiesCarry.com/Forum/
Bomb Residues Found - Person stepped on lawn fertilizer while visiting neighbors. This justifies helicopter back-up for SWAT team raid.
Bomb Making Supplies - Clock, wires, nitrates, and timers found in gun owners home. Clock was on kitchen walls, wires turned out to be coat hangers, nitrates were on bottom of shoe (described above) and timer was a three-minute white sand egg timer.
:shock:

Post subject: Correction
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:45 am 
Longtime Regular

My mistake ... it's SALT, not white sand in those "timers".

OMG ... I just realized ... isn't SALT an ingredient in some explosives? [screaming] [more screaming]
[frantically dialing 911].

Hello police? How many locks are required to be on my egg timer if children live in this redidence? ..
That many? ... The penalty is what!?!
No no no, I'm not calling for myself ... it's a friend I know. I was over at his house and saw one on his stove. ...
His name ... Uuhhhh I can't remember. Bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:49 am 

ROFL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:21 am 

phorvick wrote:
You are all reading this incorrectly. I saw the picture of the perps; one weighed about 375#...i.e., heavily armed.

http://www.bustedtees.com/product.php?n ... damendment

Your joke is already in t-shirt form--I'm probably going to get one after christmas when I have money.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.