Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Man Shoots Self at MN Gun Show 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

lance22 wrote:
........I believe the only safe way to carry a firearm is to fill the barrel with cement, weld he action shut, and then wrap it with metal cable and a dead-bolt master lock.....

Does it throw well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Should throw well, but only at short range--depending on one's arm strength. The ballistics won't be great, but the weight of the gun should compensate somewhat for that.

Which brings up the question as to whether a lightweight gun thrown faster is better than a heavier gun thrown more slowly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:09 pm 
Delicate Flower

Hung it on the coathook ????????????? Then, I assume, sat down. The handgun is now beyond his reach, effectively putting it out of his control. :shock: :shock: :shock: Retention.........nah.... no worry, nothing has ever been stolen or any crimes committed in a public restroom. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:10 pm 
Journeyman Member

Which reminds me of something I read on some forum. Superman stands stoically letting bullets bounce of of his chest, and then ducks when a bad guy throws an empty gun at him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Goose wrote:
Which reminds me of something I read on some forum. Superman stands stoically letting bullets bounce of of his chest, and then ducks when a bad guy throws an empty gun at him.

GOOD MEMORY!!!

That's because it was probably a gun like this:

lance22 wrote:
........I believe the only safe way to carry a firearm is to fill the barrel with cement, weld he action shut, and then wrap it with metal cable and a dead-bolt master lock.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Old Dude wrote:
Which brings up the question as to whether a lightweight gun thrown faster is better than a heavier gun thrown more slowly.

You bring up a fine point well worth endless debate :) I am going to take the position that a lighter gun, thrown faster, will be more effective for stopping an attack than a heavier gun thrown slower. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:07 am 
Longtime Regular

I suppose this should fall into the Free Fire Forum, but discussion of effectiveness of weights of guns to throw is certainly Stupid Stuff. Still, I wonder how ballistically effective my Glock would be as opposed to my 686 6 inch barrel or my Beretta Neos. Would the Neos throw better without the red dot on it?

Someone else will have to do the math. I work for the government and have no brain whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:26 am 
Forum Moderator

Old Dude wrote:
I suppose this should fall into the Free Fire Forum, but discussion of effectiveness of weights of guns to throw is certainly Stupid Stuff. Still, I wonder how ballistically effective my Glock would be as opposed to my 686 6 inch barrel or my Beretta Neos. Would the Neos throw better without the red dot on it?

Someone else will have to do the math. I work for the government and have no brain whatsoever.
OD...having seen your Neos, I think it is safe to say that it will be tumbling as it leaves your hand, making it somewhat less accurate and effective. Your Glock should fly true without incident. The 686 likely has an internal lock that prevents throwing. :)

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:16 am 
Longtime Regular

The Neos would be more aerodynamic. You would probably get a nice boomerang-type effect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.