Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Robberies in MPLS At Record Pace! 
 Post subject: Robberies in MPLS At Record Pace!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:12 am 
Longtime Regular

Per the Strib today, robberies in Minneapolis are on track to set a new record. The nice weather is being blamed, along with fewer police, or something like that. Something like a 20%+ increase, IIRC.
The online article also points to another short article offering "Tips" on not getting robbed.
One tip is to not carry multiple credit cards or large purses or cash. How carrying only one credit card will keep me from getting robbed is beyond me.
Not suprisingly, the most practical tip isn't even listed. I guess getting a carry permit and protecting oneself isn't something to be suggested by that paper. That'd be the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:35 pm 

Yet we keep hearing from City Hall how safe we are, in spite of Mpls PD officer numbers down over 100!

Post subject: Re: Robberies in MPLS At Record Pace!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brewman wrote:
The nice weather is being blamed,
Iknew it! It's global warming, all because of GW! I would love to see a news source here say it is lack of police, police authority, and soft judges.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:56 pm 
The Man

DonL wrote:
Yet we keep hearing from City Hall how safe we are, in spite of Mpls PD officer numbers down over 100!
Listen to our mayor -- it's only dangerous for people who have "risky lifestyles," like, presumably, Tyesha Edwards, who was engaged in the horribly risky behavior of doing her homework at her kitchen table when some goblin's bullet crashed through the window and killed her.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:08 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I think I saw Qwest repair man on the list of Risky Behavior, as published by the governer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:35 pm 
on probation

joelr wrote:
DonL wrote:
Listen to our mayor -- it's only dangerous for people who have "risky lifestyles," like, presumably, Tyesha Edwards, who was engaged in the horribly risky behavior of doing her homework at her kitchen table when some goblin's bullet crashed through the window and killed her.
Joel: I don't like being an a@#Ho%$ but it was the wall not the window. Then on the other hand yes I do like being a A*& Ho*&. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:51 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

So, I think the question then becomes: Is it risky behavior sitting behind a wall, or sitting in a window?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:48 pm 
Delicate Flower

The window of course..............bad guy sees his reflection and takes action of shooting @ "other" bad guy........Is that why they are called bird brains? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've never heard them referred to by any name that nice.
These creeps would have to come up a few rungs to be in the Bird Brain category.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'm going to start a chapter of the Neighborhood Walkers here in CARAG. (Uptown). Next door, in Lyndale neighborhood, thay are having good results.

I won't mention too much that I will also be packing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:32 am 

joelr wrote:

I'll point out again that "risky behavior" would cover working at Abbott Northwestern hospital for the 11p-7a shift, since getting there sure as heck fits the definition of "risky.". I guess nobody should staff that 627 bed hospital at night, eh?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:19 am 
Longtime Regular

That area (ANW/Children's/Chicago Lake Liquor) is scary enough for me during the day, fortunately I don't usually go there at night.
I had to take my daughter to the Park Nicollet Clinic on Blaisdell and Franklin on Friday, and you bet I was carrying. That clinic does not post. That was on the snowy Friday after Thanksgiving. For as bad as the weather was I was nervous about getting stuck in snow in that part of town- roads were not plowed yet. Fortunately, no troubles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:41 pm 

Pakrat wrote:
I think I saw Qwest repair man on the list of Risky Behavior, as published by the governer.

This is a good part of the reason I got my permit. This happened only a few blocks from my home.

My next-door-neighbor and I went through the permit-obtaining process together. We regularly quip that the only place we need to carry is our own neighborhood. Sad, but true!

TomK
Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:17 am 
Longtime Regular

Good for you guys. Maybe if word gets out, and you convince some more neighbors to join you, the thugs would stay away more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:24 am 
on probation

chunkstyle wrote:
I'm going to start a chapter of the Neighborhood Walkers here in CARAG. (Uptown). Next door, in Lyndale neighborhood, thay are having good results.

I won't mention too much that I will also be packing.
Sign me up.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.