Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Stupid gun handlers 
 Post subject: Stupid gun handlers
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

My son in law and I visited the new Cabela's in Rogers today. Naturally I went to the handgun displays. There must of been 5 or 6 people at a time handling weapons. Some were careful not to point them at anyone but most were "sighting" into the crowd. This disturbed me quite a bit. One guy pointed a S&W 686 right at me with the cylinder closed and although I was pretty sure it wasn't loaded it was still a real gun pointed at me. I asked him to point it somewhere else and he looked at me like maybe I was paranoid or something. Another macho guy looking at guns, he handed it back to the clerk since it was obvious he was just playing and didn't intend to buy. :roll:

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:41 pm 
Delicate Flower

The help obviously needs some training. They should be monitering the customers who are handling firearms. I would drop the management a short note expressing your observations and concerns. If nobody brings it to their attention it will not get any better.

I was in Gander Mt last year and had looked at some handguns and then wanted to check out some personal protection loads. The clerk turned around and picked up ammunition for the handgun on the counter [38]. I stopped him by saying that I wanted the firearm put away first. The last thing I would want if I worked at, or was in, a store would be ammunition and firearm together on the counter for a potential nut case.

Make a phone call to the management if nothing else.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

I hate that stuff. I wonder if putting both arms up over my head like in a holdup would get the message across?
Similar happend to me at the local gun range a while back. Someone in the next lane pointed his loaded pistol at me- not aiming on purpose, just waving the gun around carelessly. That was a little scary. I shoulda reported it to the range master, but I didn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:53 am 
Longtime Regular

Gander Mt in Waite Park has the right idea. They have a small target mounted up near the ceiling, which, when used for sighting, etc, will raise the barrel of any weapon up & away from other shoppers. I have had occasion that when looking down the sight of a gun, a shopper would walk right in front of me, oblivious to anything around them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:10 pm 
on probation

I get people in my shop that will turn there back on me when I hand them a firearm and pop the mag out and in and rack the silde and turn back on me, only to find a Rem 870 12 1/2" or my sig 229 in there face. One guy pissed his pants. I have to tell these moron's why they could have die. :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.