Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 More "Risky" Behavior 
 Post subject: More "Risky" Behavior
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:35 am 
Longtime Regular

Like walking around the lake... http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S12383.html?cat=1 I wonder if RT has the balls to tell them that?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

So the member of the Traffic committee is partly responsible for this beating?

That would be the liberal stance.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:24 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I think the liberal stance would be that we need more cops, and that if this person called 911, he wouldn't have been beaten. And be thankful neither of them had a gun.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat wrote:
I think the liberal stance would be that we need more cops, and that if this person called 911, he wouldn't have been beaten. And be thankful neither of them had a gun.

...And he never would have been beaten if the youths weren't from an impoverished socio-economic community with under-funded education and disparate employment opportunities. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:44 am 
Journeyman Member

"Under-funded education"? Education funding in Minn is the biggest BLACK HOLE for finances. "Smaller class size", "More teachers", "Better resources",.......these are the cries I've heard for over 40 yrs......and nothing has (or will) happen....just a slush fund for for school systems.

The inflation rate for 2005 (Oct 2004 - Sept 2005) was 4.5%. Why do all school districts + the university system have a 'proposed' TAX INCREASE of 3x the inflation rate? St Cloud University has raised tuition in EXCESS of 12% each yr over the last 3 yrs.....why?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Goose wrote:
"Under-funded education"? Education funding in Minn is the biggest BLACK HOLE for finances........

Goose, Goose, take it easy Buddy. I think Squib_Joe had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek. :P

After all, only one-half of our entire state budget goes for education.
(ought to make for some real smart kids, huh?) :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:06 pm 
Journeyman Member

WOW, was I had! I really thought he meant it. Guess I've been reading the Strib too much..."....more taxes. more spending, more school financing...." I'll settle down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:18 am 

Goose wrote:
"Under-funded education"? Education funding in Minn is the biggest BLACK HOLE for finances. "Smaller class size", "More teachers", "Better resources",.......these are the cries I've heard for over 40 yrs......and nothing has (or will) happen....just a slush fund for for school systems.

The inflation rate for 2005 (Oct 2004 - Sept 2005) was 4.5%. Why do all school districts + the university system have a 'proposed' TAX INCREASE of 3x the inflation rate? St Cloud University has raised tuition in EXCESS of 12% each yr over the last 3 yrs.....why?

I don't knowhow to explain this to you about the university (I currently attend UMN-TC), but its the biggest beurocracy I've ever seen. I never truely understood what people meant by 'beurocracy' until I was here.

Here is a tastey example: I worked for the dorm computer labs, to which we were in possession of 40 laptops in one of the labs. These had to have been at least $1500 a pop when purchased ($60,000 total). Do you know who used them? No one. I believe they were originally intended to be rented with some nominal fee---$50 per semester or close to--but no one did. So there 40 laptops sat in one of the lab. The lab workers got together and asked our boss if we could take one each as a nice incentive for the job but that got 'nixed because of liablity concerns. We can't have them, and no one takes them, so they just sit and get older without any use.

I don't even want to begin about the whole Aramark issue--its even worse.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.