Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Your Favorite Gun Movies 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:38 am 

I watched HEAT last night: WOW! I still can't believe it's almost 3 hours long. It really moves.

Pacino's ivory-handled shooter looks like a compact .45 ACP. Anyone care to speculate on the make/model?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:30 am 

Colt Officer's according to MadOgre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:52 pm 

Greg M wrote:
DieselDood wrote:
Last Man Standing

I watched this one last night. Loved it. Makes me want to ask Santa for a brace of matching 1911's. The Ry Cooder music is totally boss.

So I guess John Smith buys his truckloads of uranium tipped +P+ ball ammo at Wal Mart, huh? I really like the "CHING!" sound the slide makes when it closes.

But where does he get those 8-round mags that hold 300 cartridges? And does he even bother with the safety?

One day I was home sick...and bored. I watched the "final" fight scene...He reloaded after 24 shots mulitple times. I honestly went and found my book "The Gun Digest Book of The 1911." I read through to see if there was such a thing...at one time...that a 1911 had 12 round mags. I never found a spec that said anything more than 8.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:06 am 

Last Man Standing was a good movie, even with the reload problems :lol:
I want to mention one more movie that I found to be a shooter movie..."Enemy at The Gates" ,about the snipers in Stalingrad.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:39 am 

gunnerbmg wrote:
Last Man Standing was a good movie, even with the reload problems :lol:
I want to mention one more movie that I found to be a shooter movie..."Enemy at The Gates" ,about the snipers in Stalingrad.....

Sounds interesting. The New Yorker gave it a bad review, so I must see it!

The book that it's based on --- The War of the Rats by David Robbins --- also looks good. Especially if you're a WWI trivia buff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:40 am 
Longtime Regular

OK, so I own lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Last Man Standing, the Way of The Gun, Snatch (I think, and Desperado (and El Mariachi, the original version). Now, thanks to you gents I own Home on the range as well.

If anyone would like to borrow one or more of these, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:37 am 
Longtime Regular

gunnerbmg wrote:

How to ruin a movie. Take a perfectly good war movie. Make a half-hearted, token attempt to introduce a love story. Otherwise I liked it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:12 am 

I am with you, Iron Bear, I wish they would have left it to just the duel between the snipers. Kind of the same deal with the movie "Shooter", they just could not keep politics out of it, had to put in jabs that meant nothing to the movie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:51 am 
Longtime Regular

gunnerbmg wrote:
I am with you, Iron Bear, I wish they would have left it to just the duel between the snipers. Kind of the same deal with the movie "Shooter", they just could not keep politics out of it, had to put in jabs that meant nothing to the movie...

You know, I went in thinking I was going to be bothered by those jabs. In context with the movie they didn't feel so heavy handed. They are our modern day conspiracy theory. They are an update on the original motives and motifs in the book. YMMV.

Think about all the guy movies where they throw in the love interest to get you to bring the SO. Heck, Titanic was a ship wreck artfully staged as a timeless love story :-) In that one they threw in the nude portrait to placate the bored men :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:18 am 

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

The Shadow knows!

Probably only the most senior of us will remember the old radio shows and paperbacks of The Shadow. There was an 'ok' movie version a few years ago.

When The Shadow got into a tight spot, his gloved hands would briefly disappear under his black cloak and emerge with two huge .45s barking and spitting lead. Very quickly a whole lot of bad guys would be taking the dirt nap and on the rare occasion when there were more than 16, the .45s would drop and quickly the gloved hands would procure two more from somewhere under his cloak.

Then he would laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:30 am 
Longtime Regular

I watched Open Range again last night. WOW. What a great movie from start to end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:07 pm 
Journeyman Member

A couple of old school westerns come to mind, which I haven't thought about in ages:

Two Mules for Sister Sara
with Clint Eastwood and Shirley MacLaine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Mules_for_Sister_Sara

Rooster Cogburn
with John Wayne and Katherine Hepburn, for the nailbiting sequence in which they are floating down a river in a canyon on a raft with the gatling gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooster_Cogburn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:13 am 

Pred wrote:
Quigly Down Under

totally
and i really want to see shooter
i guess i would add crank to mine but that is only b/c he carries a XD-9 and soooooo do I! :wink:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh and winchester '73
my number 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:15 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, if you want a movie that has a particular gun as a plot point, I'm going to go with The Villain. Yes, the one with Ann-Margret and Governator in a lavender jumpsuit.

Handsome Stranger: This is a seven-shot six-shooter, and I had it especially made.
Charming Jones: Why?
Handsome Stranger: Why?
Charming Jones: Yeah...
Handsome Stranger: I dunno.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080097/[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

White Horseradish wrote:
Well, if you want a movie that has a particular gun as a plot point, I'm going to go with The Villain. Yes, the one with Ann-Margret and Governator in a lavender jumpsuit.

Handsome Stranger: This is a seven-shot six-shooter, and I had it especially made.
Charming Jones: Why?
Handsome Stranger: Why?
Charming Jones: Yeah...
Handsome Stranger: I dunno.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080097/[/url]

Drift.........Our speakers go all the way to 11 (eleven)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.