Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:42 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Your Favorite Gun Movies 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:53 pm 
On time out

I always like the movie Kelly's Hero's. Sort of a farce, but very realistic gun uses, From the guys all sitting around reloading Thompson mags, to the BAR guy in a field, laying out extra mags on a poncho liner, and then reaching out and tapping them to make sure his hands could find them without looking up from the sights.

Jean Reno in the Professional as previously mentioned, a very cool movie.

A trivia question, which semi famous MSP band was named for The Shadow?

If you really want an experience, watch HEAT in a place with a really good sound system. A good friend has a 35K home theatre set up with the cozy seats, and the 3000 watt sound system. That gun fight after the bank heist is flat out the best "gun" sound ever put to film.

THe Wild Geese is a pretty cool movie from about 30 years ago. Richard Burton as a very cold old mercenary.

The Bruce Willis movie about SEALs in africa,

BlackHawk Down again, see it with a GOOD sound system

Collateral, with Tom Cruise, it was hard to get around him and Jamie Foxx as the two stars, but the movie has a lot of good stuff in it.
"...hey homie..... is that my brief case?"

Gross Point Blank, LOTS of shootouts, fun ones too. With reloads, to the point of where the heck does this guy carry so many mags......

An older european movie, grey man? or man in grey? About a man from (I think rhodesia) who is a hit man hired to kill someone but he finds out the person who needs the killing is his employer. Very good gun handling, very film noir-ish feeling, but with flash backs to him as young man. I would say it was mid 80's it was on A&E a couple of times. He carries a cut down Hi Power as a BUG, and a regular HP with a can he uses to great effect a few times.

Replacement killers, not bad at all.

An older austrailian movie about a commando squad in south Pacific during WW2, I think they are carrying supressed Owens SMG's. Some pretty good shooting.

The one about the SAS taking over the Embassy. "Final option"?

Matt Damon in the Bourne Identity, some pretty good slight of hand tricks and MD riding a dead guy like a mattress off the top floor stair case, while shooting the whole way down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ghost Dog - Great flick, very different. Comedy, Action, Philosophy . . .

Gun choices may have inspired the VT Killer, but overall a great film. Great Ruger comercial, love the Hagakure, slow in places, straight masterpiece from this f'd up bit o' turf I live my life on. Think it has had no mention so far. Favorite line: "In ancient cultures, bears were regarded as equals to men . . . "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:18 pm 
On time out

just remember the best of them all, if only for about 2.45 minutes,

.TREMORS!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:11 am 
Longtime Regular

1911fan wrote:
A trivia question, which semi famous MSP band was named for The Shadow?

That would be the Lamont Cranston Band...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.