Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ezra demonstrates how not to make friends 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

EZDYNAMICS wrote:
Lol I love to get you guys going sometimes, it cracks me up but on a serious note do you guys know anyone who have done worse things then me and still got their CCP? Thanks for the replies :lol:
Actually under the old system of discretionary permits, I bet there was more than one felon who, due to his situation as an informant, or the sheriff's buddy, got a permit (purchase or carry). But in Ramsey County when they don't know you, yeah, don't count on it.

In your case for home defense I would recommend a dog, some pepper spray and a baseball bat. For riding the bus and such, project a relaxed, unafraid but non-confrontational demeanor and maybe sit toward the front. Worked for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Inebrius wrote:
Isn't it technically a "PC" and not "CCP"? Last time I looked at it, it said, "Permit to Carry"....

You have to say 'PTC', otherwise you are violating my copyright on my initials, and you will get in big legal trouble like IBM. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

jac714 wrote:
EZDYNAMICS wrote:
jac714 wrote:
I would like to know how you got into the military with a record like that.

Yeah I bet you would but that's classified goverment information and I cant release that but I will tell you I shot with a M16 but back to my question.

With your self professed record you are not eligible for a security clearance so by definition any information to which you are privy cannot be classified. :shock: :shock:

So therefore you tell us all about your "training with the Marines" at "Quantico Sentry" with no fear of compromising any secrets.

Jac,do you think this clown is going to give us some information about security clearances? I'm wondering if he has a set of dolphins lying around somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

MNBud wrote:
jac714 wrote:
EZDYNAMICS wrote:
jac714 wrote:
I would like to know how you got into the military with a record like that.

Yeah I bet you would but that's classified goverment information and I cant release that but I will tell you I shot with a M16 but back to my question.

With your self professed record you are not eligible for a security clearance so by definition any information to which you are privy cannot be classified. :shock: :shock:

So therefore you tell us all about your "training with the Marines" at "Quantico Sentry" with no fear of compromising any secrets.

Jac,do you think this clown is going to give us some information about security clearances? I'm wondering if he has a set of dolphins lying around somewhere?

Probably a set of gold ones, maybe even a Submarine Combat Patrol Pin, maybe even command at sea.

I just realized my post numbers have hit the LA class hull numbers. Kind of cool.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Inebrius wrote:
Isn't it technically a "PC" and not "CCP"? Last time I looked at it, it said, "Permit to Carry"....

Yes technically it is a permit to carry, and you will *not* find the word concealed anywhere in the law.

A nit to pick about the layout of the permit. Mine says "Permit to Carry a Pistol" which is true, but it would appear from reading the law that rifles and shotguns are allowed also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

someone1980 wrote:
A nit to pick about the layout of the permit. Mine says "Permit to Carry a Pistol" which is true, but it would appear from reading the law that rifles and shotguns are allowed also.

But not in your car, according to this statute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

princewally wrote:
someone1980 wrote:

But not in your car, according to this statute.

Hmm that is a good one.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:18 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

EZDYNAMICS wrote:
Lol I love to get you guys going sometimes, it cracks me up but on a serious note do you guys know anyone who have done worse things then me and still got their CCP? Thanks for the replies :lol:

Ummmm - No

Good luck to you troll....

Post subject: Enough, please
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:26 am 
The Man

I'm loathe to lock a thread, but I'd like anybody who feels a need to take one last shot (metaphorically) to go ahead and do that, then give it a rest. Please.

This is mine.

In terms of EZDYNAMICS, the guy obviously has issues, and unless he's making up stuff about his history, he's got basically no chance of getting a carry permit . . . not in Ramsey County, or anywhere else. He's a pretty good poster boy for the "substantial likelihood to be dangerous to self or others" restriction as -- assuming he's not making up things to make himself look bad* -- he's generated enough evidence of severe recklessness in his so-far-short life to make his denial a slam dunk.

That said, people can -- and sometimes do -- get their act together, and it would be a good thing if Ezra would spend the next few years getting whatever treatment he needs for his problems (and -- or maybe or -- just plain growing up some); it's not impossible that, five or six years from now, he could be a perfectly legitimate candidate for a permit.

Last edited by joelr on Tue May 15, 2007 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:07 am 
Trolling Doofus

EZ just for laughs can you answer any of these questions?

What was your MOS?
Were you a WM?
Did you go to MCT or SOI?
What is an LES?
What did it say on your ID 10 tango form?
How many Drill Sergeants did you have?
Did you go to MCRD?
What is a DD214?
When you graduated boot camp what side was your blood stripe on?
What is a EGA?
When was your EAS?
What is the reg. for a mustache?

If others know please let EZ dazzle me with his brilliance. EZ I don’t care you claim to be a Marine just try to sound like you have a clue when you do it. EZ I learned all of the answers to these questions on the History Channel so if you don’t know look there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:09 am 
Longtime Regular

clydesdale wrote:
What did it say on your ID 10 tango form?

Probably the most relevent question in the list. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:23 am 
Longtime Regular

EZDYNAMICS wrote:
Mae 15, 2007

Deer Sheriph,

Eye kompleted my permit two kerry phorm and eye receeved a denial lether phron ewe.
Leegal kounsil has told me two apeal, so eye will due that now.

Eye am an amerikan and eye served as a seakret agent in eyerak. If the militery
trusts me sew should ewe. Eye knead two protect myself from people that mean too
harm me. Eye also served at the submarine base in Pierre, SD where eye waz
responsible four submarines. If the militery trusts me sew should ewe.

Eye want my permit two kerry and my permit too purchase!

When in driving two more than one said the permit in for 30 days is real somewhere
to me and incomplete furthermore eye should tell you my attorney on twincities.com
in before next weak two hear from you.

Thank ewe,
EZDYNAMICS

Well,
It looks like you have the appeals process started for your permit to carry. If that falls through, you should look at the permit to carry badge (which is actually cheaper than the training and the 100.00 to the sheriff). With the badge you can carry a potato gun in all 50 states.

Good luck and thanks for your service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:22 am 
Longtime Regular

Either this guy is a whacko or a troll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:39 am 

I'm going with wacko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:48 am 
Longtime Regular

again I say: Why is it always either / Or? :-)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.