Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Massataxes Proposed new gun law 
 Post subject: Massataxes Proposed new gun law
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/ht02/ht02125.htm

Quote:
No license to carry shall be issued pursuant to this section unless and until the applicant for the license or for the renewal of an existing license presents to the licensing authority a complete list of every handgun owned by the applicant

All in favor of gun control raire your right arm...

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:20 pm 
Delicate Flower

complete registration......insurance (minimum $250,000)....gun locks....20 hrs training (4 min. on range)........

all kinds of good stuff........NOT

:cry: hopefully it doesn't fly

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

If they can't ban guns then they will try to make it too expensive for people to own them.

To use their own tool; it sounds like racisim to me by keeping low wage earning minorities from the right to self protection.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

How do the people who propose such dreck keep gettin re-elected?
Kind of embarassing that one of the original 13 colonies, in fact the one where Paul Revere did his famous ride to warn of the British, has turned into such an anti freedom place. Isn't already quite impossible to get a carry permit in MA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:27 am 
Longtime Regular

From Massachusetts; that says it all.

As much as we are winning over here, they are losing over there. Losing big. No wonder why the Brady Campaign said that John Kerry was their candidate of choice.

Brewman - I agree the irony is REALLY striking. I recall that the 'Midnight ride in '75' was about disarmament. They may have been pissed about taxes and trade but the first shots were fired over the right to keep and bear arms (they were willing to fight for this inherent right even though it was not yet penned but clearly understood).

It's a good thing that today's politicians weren't alive in 1775 or there would have been no American Revolution ... wait I take that back ... there were some alive and they went to Canada. I guess they came back and changed their names to "kerry" and "kennedy".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:40 pm 

as someone who was born and raised in TAXachusetts and moved to MN
6 years ago i can tell you that bill wont make it any harder to get a permit to carry or even buy a handgun.
it takes an F.I.D. card (firearms i.d. card) to buy a shotgun or long rifle or shotgun or rifle ammo in MASS when your 18.
you apply at the local police station and submit the $2 then they go over your background check that you have to request from the county courthouse,make sure to threaten arrest if they suspect youve tampered with your own background check and take theyre time handing it over.
(4 to 6 weeks is remarkably like 7 months in some cases)
but with no criminal record they MUST issue.(eventually)
as long as you call them when the proper officer is there at the proper time and isnt going to be "running out" before you can get there.
think im joking,im not.
as for a handgun permit,someplaces are easy some are not going to give it to you no matter what you do.
the permit application calls for.
"suitable training" in handgun safety.
the cost for application. (the run around for who has the proper application is never-ending)
after paying for application and "suitable training"
submit background check and 2 (two) letters of recommendation.
(which at some stations are acceptable only if signer of letter has completed a background check,or has a permit to carry.and if they do then the question of whether they are important enough to be considered "reliable")
after all is said and done if you get to that point.its usually more then a year and they take theyre sweet time when you have to call them once a week to see if your permit has arrived,if officer in charge is present and police chief is available.and if they feel like giving it to you.
complain to them enough,youll get advice to call the NRA and because they now feel your training is questionable or application was lost,start all over again.
and god forbid you ask for an emergency carry permit.like if you clean carpets in the worst parts of ROXBURY,DORCHESTER,HYDE PARK,MATTAPAN,LOWELL,LAWRENCE. at 3 am
then your an act of violence waiting to happen! no matter how many times youve been shot at or how much money you carry at the time.
on the good side,its legal to own a handgun with F.I.D. card,if you bought it in say NEW HAMPSHIRE,and legal to travel with if its locked and unloaded and legal to carry in your place of employment with owners permission.
only time it was technically illegal was the short walk from the truck to the place of business and back.
thats the S.O.P. for urban areas,rural areas almost no question if you pass the background.but police chief in your town must issue permit if you "qualify" so if you live in BOSTON forget it!
as for TED KENNEDY he gets elected because EVERYONE but the people in MASS are paying for the BIG DIG and teddy brought that home.as well as saving the NAVY bases and always buying a round if you meet him in a bar (and eventually,you will)
KERRY nobody else has that much money to run against him more then once.but he won lastime by the skin of his teeth!
i know its long,but its my first post here.
by the way everything here is more then 6 years old,im sure its even harder to get a permit to carry now.
im not a lawyer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

"Massachusetts proposes new gun law" carries all the surprise of "Sun rises in the east".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.