Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Bigger than a 50 BMG 
 Post subject: Bigger than a 50 BMG
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.mojoflix.com/mojoplayer.swf?scale_it=1&autoStart=0&no_skin_menu=1&popup=1&video=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mojoflix.com%2FSWFParams%2F27109%2FEmbed%2F%3F"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.mojoflix.com/mojoplayer.swf?scale_it=1&autoStart=0&no_skin_menu=1&popup=1&video=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mojoflix.com%2FSWFParams%2F27109%2FEmbed%2F%3F" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14.5 x 114mm PTRS rifle

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:38 pm 
Raving Moderate

Ah, yes, the PTRS Soviet anti-tank rifle. A thing of beauty, that... :twisted:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

It appears to kill both the target and the shooter.................... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Boys Anti-tank Rifle:

The Boys was the only anti-tank rifle to serve with the British Army. It was designed in the mid 1930's when this type of weapon was popular everywhere. It used a bolt action feeding from a top mounted magazine and it all its parts were robust and heavy, but it did weight 36lb (16.5 kg) which was substantial load for one man to carry.

The barrel and breech were mounted on a slide which recoiled along the top of the stock and so absorbed some of the considerable force from the firing a 0.55-in (14mm) round. A muzzle break was also fitted to reduce the recoil still further. The weapon was supported on a monopod at the front and this too has a form of shock absorber built into it. The round was based on a modified US .50 cal cartridge. The case had a belt added to make headspace more easily set up and maintained and also to strengthen the case head to withstand the firing stresses. The neck was expanded to .55 cal to allow a heavier projectile to be used for better effect on armour. The bullet was steel cored, although later versions had a tungsten core. The pictures below show the Boys Anti-Tank Rifle with all its accessories and also 'broken down'

Yes the Brits tried it first and said "Sod that for a game of soldiers!!" and invented the PIAT.

I heard Siesmic Sam was looking for one of those russian ones in the hand cannon variety :twisted: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.