Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:35 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Honey, I'll be a minute! 
 Post subject: Honey, I'll be a minute!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

OK, some days are just not as good as others.

It should have been a sign of bad things to be when I slid off the driveway into the ditch today. No big deal I’ll just get the tractor and pull it out. The car is very familiar with ditches. It was my wife’s car. She put it in the ditch twice and rolled it once after we got married and moved to my place in the country two years ago. After she rolled it I bought her a Subaru Outback. Great car, grips snowy, icy and gravel roads better than anything else I ever drove. I get the old car, no value, but runs great.

Of course the wife was watching from the house. So I couldn’t hide. I think she took pictures too.

Some of you may know the car. It is the blue ’90 GEO Prism that I have been using in many of the BUG (IDPA Back-Up Gun) matches that I set-up this past summer at Faribault. She still runs, gets 35 mpg and looks the same (remember the ditches and rolling). It would be tough to give up the 35 mpg and go back to my ’00 Grand Cherokee at 18 mpg. If the car is still running in spring it will be again a stage prop for the BUG matches. (I’m not sure I am trusting enough to let the guys shoot over, around and through my Jeep as they did with the Prism.)

So, I’ve got the tractor out and thought I might as well burn the garbage while the tractor is out. (I live on 25 acres in rural south central MN.) I go to gather the garbage to burn, notice a couple of empty (?) aerosol paint cans and gathered those too. Since I don’t burn the cans and don’t like to recycle them with any possible pressure in them I usually practice by shooting them once with a 22.

What could be better? I just bought a North American Arms 22 short pistol a week ago and hadn’t shot it yet. I looked at them for a couple of years and finally bought one last week at the Rochester Gun Show. Smallest pistol I know of. (2 ½ long, 2 1/8 high, 22 short only) If the wife can have jewelry, I can have some too. Besides, as Joe says in “Garage Logic”; if you can keep it in the house for 4 days without the CP knowing, it is no longer new and it is only something you have had for a long time. Its Friday, I bought it on Saturday, so it qualifies.

I gathered the cans and got my new pistol.

I shot two cans. No problem. Shot the third. Well it wasn’t empty, still had pressure in it. It went flying; of course it ejected the paint in the can directly at me. It sprayed my hand and face slightly. The can also chose to fly directly toward the garage spraying the side with the remaining black paint. Not good, something she’ll notice.

So now I have to go inside, get some paint thinner to clean the siding off. I also need to get the step ladder out of the garage, all without her noticing. Spent half an hour or so cleaning off the paint from the side of the garage. Then I burnt the garbage. I think I pulled it off.

I think this qualifies for “Stupid Stuff”.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hehe, oops.

Post subject: Re: Honey, I'll be a minute!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:54 pm 
Delicate Flower

westhope wrote:
So now I have to go inside, get some paint thinner to clean the siding off. I also need to get the step ladder out of the garage, all without her noticing. Spent half an hour or so cleaning off the paint from the side of the garage. Then I burnt the garbage. I think I pulled it off.

I think this qualifies for “Stupid Stuff”.

Unless she reads the forum. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:04 pm 
1911 tainted

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan, I'm not going to even comment. I'll save it for the BUG matches this summer at Faribault.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Some days you're the bug; some days, you're the windshield

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.