Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Permit Holder Guilty of Murder 
 Post subject: Permit Holder Guilty of Murder
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

I have to be vague here because I don't get the metro are papers. I was listening to MPR this morning and they reported on the story about the guy the shot the bouncer in the cities awhile back. The said something like the shooter was found guilty of 2nd degree murder. Then they finished the story by saying that " He is believed to be the first handgun carry permit holder in the state to be convicted of murder" :roll: Did anyone else hear the story, I was distracted at the time. I listened for the story after that and they did mention it without the permit comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/202669.html

Link to Strib story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks for the link. I get it now, it was Ourada's permit that caused the murder. Blood in the streets and the sky is falling, just like they said. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:16 pm 
1911 tainted

You know it wasn't the permit, he wasn't even carrying at the time from what I understand. You know what it was, it was those damn Ford pickups. I heard he was driving one of those that night, I mean, it supplied him the means of transportation to take him to, and carry out the murder.

FOR THE CHILDREN, BAN THOSE EVIL BLACK PICKUP TRUCKS!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cobb on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:22 pm 
on probation

cobb wrote:
You know it wasn't the permit, he wasn't even carrying at the time from what I understand. You know what it was, it was those damn Ford pickups. I heard he was driving one of those that night, I mean, it supplied him the means of transportation to to take him to, and carry out the murder.

I'm selling my Ford.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:12 pm 
Delicate Flower

cobb wrote:
You know it wasn't the permit, he wasn't even carrying at the time from what I understand. You know what it was, it was those damn Ford pickups. I heard he was driving one of those that night, I mean, it supplied him the means of transportation to take him to, and carry out the murder.

Shows you what you know......I have it on good authority that it was a pirogie OD :lol: 8)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:21 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Short rant-

I think it was the KSTP.com report that said:
'It is believed that this is the first murder commited (by a permit holder) since the first law passed in 2003.'

Wow does that show the laziness in reporting. The reporter couldn't look it up? How about saying that it's believed it's the first murder by a permit holder since the original law went into effect in 1975? Or do they forget that one?

From Startribune.com:
"Ourada's blood-alcohol content that evening was 0.23, more than double the legal definition of being intoxicated."

I would have thought that they would have reported "almost triple the legal ... intoxication". But, here's the kicker- The reporter didn't research this, otherwise they would have been able to report "nearly 6 times the legal limit, while carrying a gun." Dumbasses.

"When Ourada was arrested, he was carrying a gun permit with an expiration date of March 2009, according to the criminal complaint."

Relevance?

"Ourada had no serious criminal record, but he had had minor scrapes with the law, including a ticket for underage drinking."

Wasn't there discussion about this criminal having multiple DUIs? I believe these were listed as potiential disqualifiers that the sheriff could have used to deny the permit. So, if he did have DUIs, why would they have listed an underage drinking ticket and not the DUIs?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

It's all SPIN!!! They downplayed the closing of Mark's shop, too. Making it all seem like it's an ok thing. The anti-gun people must have good money in KSTP. :( ( I don't watch that channel much anyways)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:58 am 
Longtime Regular

We need to also go after the state of MN- they issued the drivers license that enabled this gentleman to drive his Ford. We all know that NOBODY drives without a valid DL, it's impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:40 pm 

It would be nice to see a police report or other transcript on this.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:39 am 

While permit holders can see where this guy went wrong, everyone else can use it against us to try and take away our rights. It's people like this guy who "wanted to feel like somebody" that screw it up for the rest of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 am 
On time out

I know! The only "somebody" that I want to feel like is "not a victim" -- that's why I carry.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.