Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 An Interesting Afternoon At The Range... 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:14 am 
Longtime Regular

The kid, was certainly illegal carrying in a public place without a permit. Maybe Dad thought his kid's gun was covered by his permit. The violation was technical, if at all.

What surprises me is the "outrage" of everyone here. It appears everybody here does like gun control laws, at least for kids. There were no safety violations, so the outrage is simply the possibility that the gun control laws were violated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:49 am 
Delicate Flower

Dick Unger wrote:
The kid, was certainly illegal carrying in a public place without a permit. Maybe Dad thought his kid's gun was covered by his permit. The violation was technical, if at all.

What surprises me is the "outrage" of everyone here. It appears everybody here does like gun control laws, at least for kids. There were no safety violations, so the outrage is simply the possibility that the gun control laws were violated.

I disagree.............my outrage is that that dad by being plain stupid or completely lacking in common sense may cost me the ability to carry in the future.

No safety violations were seen doesn't mean they didn't happen outside, or might not have happened had they not been called on it. For all we know the two of them were getting ready to "quick draw" at the range.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:

Roger's guess was that Daddy didn't have a permit either. Roger made a good point, if Dad had gone through a permit class he should have had a better handle on the law.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 am 
Longtime Regular

It isn't so much the gun control laws being violated for me. Its just the fact that this adult thought it was completely ok for a 12 year old to walk in to a gun range open carrying a handgun in a holster. What they do in their home or on their land is their business, but when its in public it becomes a whole new ballgame. When I was 12, I know I made mistakes with gun safety and I don't trust a random 12 year old with my life, safe as he may be.

My "outrage", although I'm not mad just surprised, is just the lack of common sense and ignorance this guy had, and the fact that he had the stones to fire dirty looks at the BPR guys when they told him what was legal and what wasn't. People who are so sure they are right, when they are totally ignorant I have no patience for. But you can't fix stupid, so I guess we deal with it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.