Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:20 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Check for $360 Billion, I'd like it in 10's and 20's please. 
 Post subject: Check for $360 Billion, I'd like it in 10's and 20's please.
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:59 am 
Longtime Regular

I'll say I'm not intentionally taking a shot at the Title for Dumbest thing Ever. But I'd say this is close.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hVDZOHp0_8ZB_37OxVmoVnCEIsiAD90DI6OG6

Quote:
Police: Texas man trying to cash $360 billion check arrested
2 hours ago

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Charles Ray Fuller must have been planning one big record company.

The 21-year-old North Texas man was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check, saying he wanted to start a record business, authorities said. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious — perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off, according to investigators.

Fuller, of suburban Crowley, was arrested on a forgery charge, police said. He was released after posting $3,750 bail.

Fuller said his girlfriend's mother gave him the check to start a record business, but bank employees who contacted the account's owner said the woman told them she did not give him permission to take or cash the check, according to police.

In addition to forgery, Fuller was charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon and possessing marijuana, Fort Worth police Lt. Paul Henderson said.

Officers reported finding less than 2 ounces of marijuana and a .25-caliber handgun and magazine in his pockets, police said.

Fuller couldn't be located for comment by The Associated Press on Friday because there were no phone listings for him in the Fort Worth area.

I've said it once, and I'll say it again, if the kid that did this, ever reads this post... Get Out of My Gene Pool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Actually if you go to the link, they have a partial picture of the check. Made me smile anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

What kind of idiot carries a .25?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

Heh, that was the second stupid thing in the article.

My guess is, a guy who thinks he'll get away with a $360 Billion check, also thinks when he is at the pawn shop "Hey, this tiny little gun is only $40, I bet its just as good as this $800 1911."

Probably has no actual concept of how much money that really is either. Bet he expected to fit it all in his pockets on the way out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

EJSG19 wrote:
Probably has no actual concept of how much money that really is either. Bet he expected to fit it all in his pockets on the way out...

Most people have no idea. We needed to get about $10,000 from TCF into Wells Fargo right away to make sure a check didn't bounce. So, being we're downtown and the two are only about 2 blocks apart, I suggested we just go withdraw the cash from one and walk it over to the other. Way more bills than I imagined.

"Show me how to fit a million dollars into a suitcase and I'll give you a million dollars." - Frank Sinatra

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:51 pm 
On time out

Not to long ago a friend emailed me a picture of the money they had seized in a drug house. I can not find the picture, but the stack was the size of a double bed. I think there was 150 or 180 million in the pics.

FOund the pic...Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

1911fan - Wow.

Proved my point for me hehe. $360 billion we're talking dump trucks to haul it away.

What you have there is a solid pickup load.

I don't think I'd make a good drug dealer, having that much cash in my house it'd be a sure thing that I'd be skimming the profits. I mean the accountants would throw a fit with me, and would probably fire me from the board to protect the shareholders...

I'd have every toy I'd ever dreamed of though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:10 pm 

Wells Fargo couldn’t give me more then $5,000 in cash. Said they don’t keep enough on hand. Then they gave me $5,900. Hmmmm... I had to get the rest the next day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:32 pm 

EJSG19 wrote:
...I don't think I'd make a good drug dealer, having that much cash in my house it'd be a sure thing that I'd be skimming the profits. I mean the accountants would throw a fit with me, and would probably fire me from the board to protect the shareholders...

... I don't think it'd be the accountants you'd have to worry about and I think you'd be "retired" rather than fired! 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:55 am 

I saw this article awhile back, this guy sounds like a regular old genius. If anyone ever asks why you carry, tell them guys like this one!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.