Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tempted to post this in "Stopping Power" but an LA 
 Post subject: Tempted to post this in "Stopping Power" but an LA
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- A man with a rifle opened fire near a church Saturday morning in the San Fernando Valley and wounded three people, Los Angeles police said.
The intended victim was the gunman's 30-year-old ex-girlfriend, according to CNN affiliate KTLA. She was struck in the shoulder and is in stable condition at a local hospital, KTLA reported.
The suspect is the father of a student who goes to the church school, according to KTLA.
A second victim was in stable condition and a third was in critical condition, Los Angeles police spokeswoman Norma Eisenman said.
The man in critical condition was shot in the chest. He is 45. Another man, 47, was struck in the leg and is in stable condition, reported KTLA.
The Rev. Robert Milbauer, the parish's pastor, told The Associated Press that about 50 people, mainly church volunteers and their children, were setting up food and game booths and carnival-style rides when the gunfire erupted.
"I was walking toward the festival area to say an opening prayer and I saw them," Milbauer told AP of the shooting victims.
Police said the gunman is expected to be charged with three counts of attempted murder.
The suspect was reloading his weapon when he was tackled by several witnesses who were volunteers at the festival. The shooter put up a fight, struggling and taunting people as they were trying to subdue him. KTLA said the suspect and the weapon were taken into custody near the church, St. John Baptist de la Salle Parish in the Granada Hills area of LA.
The call about the shooting came in around 10:57 a.m. PT (1:57 p.m. ET), KTLA said.
The festival was shut down for the day, and Milbauer told AP that grief counselors were meeting with witnesses, particularly the children. The parish plans to go ahead with the festival on Sunday, Milbauer said, in part to help parishioners put the tragedy behind them.

Must not have been any signs. . . ..

another take on the same story. . .
Quote:
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A man with a semiautomatic rifle opened fire at a festival outside a Southern California church Saturday, wounding three people, one of them critically, police said.

Shots rang out shortly before 11 a.m. outside St. John Baptist de la Salle, a Roman Catholic church in Granada Hills, Officer Norma Eisenman said. Bystanders tackled the man and held him until he was taken into police custody, she said.

"He was tackled by an off-duty Burbank police officer" and taken into custody by Los Angeles police, she said.

The gunman wounded three people, including a female who was shot in the elbow, Eisenman said. Two people were taken to a hospital in stable condition and one was in critical condition, she said.

Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey said another person was treated for chest pains.

The motive for the attack was not immediately known, Eisenman said.

Church officials did not immediately return calls for comment.

edited to add

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:13 am 
Longtime Regular

We almost need a forum heading: "Yet another reason to carry at Church"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maybe a .22? Or through-and-through shots with heavy FMJ? (i.e. no tumbling)

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject: Carry at Church
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm 

I always Carry at Church. I have been attending a Penticostal Church, Small and no real need in my view, But the Catholic church Refuses to talk about the "Robberies" that have taken place.

"Only the Ritechious Would Defend the House of the Lord".

(Somebody check my spelling).

ka0old

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Carry at Church
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:06 pm 

KA0OLD wrote:
I always Carry at Church. I have been attending a Penticostal Church, Small and no real need in my view, But the Catholic church Refuses to talk about the "Robberies" that have taken place.

"Only the Ritechious Would Defend the House of the Lord".

(Somebody check my spelling).

ka0old

Ritechious = Righteous

but a very good attempt :lol:

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject: Re: Carry at Church
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:23 am 
Longtime Regular

KA0OLD wrote:
But the Catholic church Refuses to talk about the "Robberies" that have taken place.

Not all parishes are created equal. Some are significantly better than others.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.