Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Mutual Tasering... 
 Post subject: Mutual Tasering...
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Ok, so it's not quite a gun...but we don't have a "stupid less-lethal stuff" subforum.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/19/colora ... index.html

cnn wrote:
It wasn't exactly pistols at 30 paces, but police say a security company supervisor and a restaurateur shot each other with Tasers in a "bonehead" confrontation over parking.

Officers said neither man needed medical attention after the Saturday confrontation, but Harvey Epstein, co-owner of Mamacitas restaurant, was arrested on suspicion of felony menacing and using a stun gun.

A police report said Epstein and Casey M. Dane, a supervisor for Colorado Security Services Inc., were arguing over a metal boot that one of Dane's guards had clamped on a wheel of a van parked behind Mamacitas.

Dane told police he was afraid Epstein was going to hit him with a 2-foot-long pair of bolt cutters. Epstein told police he had only tried to remove the boot with the bolt cutters and hadn't threatened anyone with them.

Epstein told police Dane put his hand on a holstered pistol and threatened to shoot him. Dane told The Associated Press by telephone that he did put his hand on the holstered pistol but never threatened to shoot Epstein.

Both men drew Tasers.

"They shot each other," Police Sgt. Pat Wyton told the Camera newspaper. "It was just kind of a bonehead deal."

The guard claimed the van, owned by a Mamacitas employee, was on property he was hired to patrol. The van owner denied that.

Epstein, 36, told the AP in a phone interview Sunday he took out his Taser only after Dane pointed his at him and his mother, who was also outside. Epstein also said Dane repeatedly told him he was a police officer and that failing to comply with his orders was a federal offense, allegations that Dane denies.

I don't know why, but the mental picture of two guys tasering each other at the same time seems really funny to me. :lol:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:33 am 
Longtime Regular

Reminds me of an early Simpsons episode.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:31 am 

Lemme get this right. Dane (the mall ninja) is accused of brandishing (hand on holstered gun is brandishing in this situation) and impersonating a police officer, and the other guy gets arrested?

There must be more to the story than meets the paper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Boy, you couldn't buy entertainment like that.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm 
The Man

With any luck, the security camera caught the mall ninja boasting on tape. (A boastful mall ninja? Whoda think that?)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Reminds me of an early Simpsons episode.

If by early you mean 9th season. :D The Cartridge Family
Wiki wrote:
Homer treats the gun as though it were a toy, casually carrying it into the Kwik-E-Mart, firing bullets to retrieve items from the roof and shooting dinner plates as if they were clay pigeons. Finally, after a near fatal accident at the dinner table...

(This episode of the simpsons is to guns what "Don't do what Johnny Dont Does" is to knives. )Wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
If by early you mean 9th season. :D The Cartridge Family

Nope: There's No Disgrace Like Home
Quote:
When standard methods prove useless in civilizing the family, Dr. Monroe resorts to shock therapy and wires the Simpsons to electrodes. Soon the whole family is sending shocks to one another. This causes blackouts throughout the city.

Last edited by DeanC on Mon May 19, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
Nope

Nope is right, that post should have gone into the revolver as backscratcher topic. My bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:05 pm 

Quote:
Epstein also said Dane repeatedly told him he was a police officer and that failing to comply with his orders was a federal offense, allegations that Dane denies.

Even if the ninja was a officer, failing to comply with his order isn't a federal offense, is it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Either way, it's funny that these 2 dumbasses managed to zap each other at the same time.

I'd almost pay good money to watch that in person. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:26 am 
Longtime Regular

dismal wrote:
Even if the ninja was a officer, failing to comply with his order isn't a federal offense, is it?

Some sort of terrorism charge maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:33 am 

-snorting morning coffe-
This could be a new way to settle disagreements on the house floor for congresscritters!
"Veto, just try to veto Mr. President."
"Madame Congresscritter I challenge you to a duel." :twisted:

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:13 am 
Longtime Regular

Tex wrote:
-snorting morning coffe-
This could be a new way to settle disagreements on the house floor for congresscritters!
"Veto, just try to veto Mr. President."
"Madame Congresscritter I challenge you to a duel." :twisted:

I'd watch a hell of a lot more CSPAN, that's for sure!!!

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.