Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Here We Go Again 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

well if you say it is so, I guess I will have to believe it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

I do understand that some Irish young people are becoming more accustomed to American style beers, and you can find Bud on tap at Irish pubs. Not my style, particularly. I find Guinness in Ireland served at what I call a "moderately cool" temperature, and it has flavor to spare. Ice cold Guinness has lots of texture, but not much flavor.

Remember, most nations don't have anything like a 2nd Amendment, and don't really see the need to have one. I know most of the folks I know in Ireland would be aghast at the number of weapons I own, and I don't really own that many. Different cultures draw lines in different places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:
Well ok, I must admit I have never had English beer. But I am yet to be convinced. This may require a beer tasting of some sort!

I could agree to leave the hardware locked up for an evening of (proper) english beer tasting... And perhaps a nice H. Upman or two...

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

I like Bass Ale & Guinness pretty well. Newcastle isn't bad, either. I prefer my beer at a modest 45 degress or so. Ice cold makes American beer go down well, as they are lacking in flavor (on the whole).

Back to the subject, I suppose that UK will have to ban shoelaces & eventually certain clothing articles because we ALL know that if pantyhose can make an impromptu fan belt, they may very well be used as a strangulation device. :roll:

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:35 am 
Longtime Regular

I once heard the reason Brits drink warm beer is because the same company that made the electrical systems for the old Jaguars made their refrigerators too...

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:43 am 
Longtime Regular

Ahhhhhhhh, Lucas electircal systems. Lucas is known by auto buffs as The Prince of Darkness. I once had a 1961 Rover 3 liter. Beautiful car. Seated six in leather comfort. Toggle switches on the dashboard. Built like a tank. Unfortunately, it has Lucas electrics and an engine marginally more powerful than a sewing machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:48 am 

Aquaholic wrote:
I once heard the reason Brits drink warm beer is because the same company that made the electrical systems for the old Jaguars made their refrigerators too...

Ahh yes!
You speak of "Lucas, the Prince of Darkness"
The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE. :lol:

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Here We Go Again
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

gunflint wrote:
Under the amnesty, which will run between 24 May and 30 June in England, Wales and Scotland, members of the public can leave bladed weapons in drop-in bins which will be provided at police stations throughout the country without fear of prosecution.

I'm waiting until I can get a $50 gift certificate for an old steak knife.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:15 pm 
Delicate Flower

BigRobT wrote:
I like Bass Ale & Guinness pretty well. Newcastle isn't bad, either. I prefer my beer at a modest 45 degress or so. Ice cold makes American beer go down well, as they are lacking in flavor (on the whole).

What's the similarity between sex in a boat and American beer?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
They are both f***ing close to water!

Guinness is liquid bread, mmmmmm..........

Ex-Brit and proud! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

I used to like Schlitz. It seemed more flavourful than other American beers. I DO like Leinenkugel's. I would consider it one of the better American beers out there. In this day & age of microbreweries, beer will go back to it's origins and probably be worth drinking again.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:50 am 
Longtime Regular

American beer had plenty of flavor and character up till WWII or so, when the food shortage hit and brewers had to make do with less grain in their product. Plus so many men went away to fight, and women entered the workforce big time, so brewers shifted to a lighter bodied product to lure them- and to save money to boot.
The micro brew phenomenon hit a couple decades ago in an attempt to bring brewing back to what it once was in the earlier days.
There isn't anything wrong with lighter textured beer, if that's what you like go for it and enjoy- but there is far more out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

It is just amazing how some of these conversations turn into a beer discussion. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pretty soon the discussions come around to soemthing we all like talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

grayskys wrote:
It is just amazing how some of these conversations turn into a beer discussion. :D

Shootin, and beer. I can only think of one or two other things I'd rather do. Well one, anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.