Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Vice President Fined for Hunting Out of Season (humor) 
 Post subject: Vice President Fined for Hunting Out of Season (humor)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Vice President Fined for Hunting Lawyers Out of Season

“It was just a misundertanding” says Cheney.

February 17, 2006
(AP/UPI)

Yet more shocking revelations came to light today regarding last weekend’s hunting ‘accident’ in Texas. Officials at the Texas State Wildlife and Game Department revealed that Vice President Dick Cheny violated established State hunting laws when he shot Mr. Harry Whittington.

As Wildlife Ranger John Burton explained - “We got nothin’ against huntin’ lawyers around here – hell, I’ve bagged a few myself. And Mr. Huntington’s age made him a prime candidate for herd-thinning: he’s 78 and way past his prime. But Huntington is a TAX lawyer, and you ain’t allowed to take tax lawyers until May 1st.”

In 1987, in an agreement reached with the Texas Bar Association, the Wildlife & Game Dept. established a series of laws regulating the hunting of lawyers. “You have to understand,” said the Chairman of the TBA, “if we don’t thin ‘em out then they overpopulate their egosystem. Next thing you know, there aren’t enough cases to go around. Young lawyers starve, or clog up the court-houses and television trying to drum up clients. It just messes things up. But we also didn’t want indiscriminant slaughter, so we got together with the Wildlife boys and set up a few rules.”

These rules include the following:

1) Only lawyers above the age of 64 and personal-injury attorneys may be taken, with a limit of two per hunter per year. Muzzle-loader hunters are allowed three, bow-hunters are restricted to four.

2) Only female lawyers above child-bearing age may be shot, even personal-injury attorneys.

3) Tax lawyer hunting season is the only time restriction, with the season running from May 1st to December 12th.

“Of course, the usual standard hunting rules apply: no setting up lawyer-stands within a 10-mile radius of a courthouse, no money-licks, and no shooting ‘em when they’re seated,” said Ranger Burton. “We Texans are hunters, pure and simple – there’s nothing like bagging a 67 year-old corporate merger attorney at 200 yards with a compound bow. But you have to have standards, and you have to play by the rules and give ‘em a fighting chance.”

The Vice President will more than likely receive a fine of $10,000, and may even be required to perform a few hours of community service. “I know that seems sorta harsh for just nailing a really old one with some bird-shot, but me and a few others suspect that this was what we call a ‘canned hunt’ – the Vice President invited the lawyer along. It ain’t illegal per se, but a canned hunt is just plain wrong, and an insult to all of us who hunt lawyer the proper way.”

When asked for comment, White House Spokesman Scott McClelland confirmed that “Vice President Cheney did indeed pull the trigger which activated the primer which detonated, which caused a rapid formation of gas which pushed the shell which sent the pellets flying in the general direction of the lawyer. But he didn’t know about that tax-lawyer loophole stuff.”

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:51 pm 

On that vein.
(Shamelessly borrowed from another board)

http://mrra.org
6 down, 24 to go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd rather go Shooting with Dick Cheney than go riding with Ted Kennedy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brewman wrote:
I'd rather go Shooting with Dick Cheney than go riding with Ted Kennedy.
Agreed!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

I would not turn my back on any of them. I would also keep my hand on my wallet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hand on wallet is S.O.P. for being around most pols.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.