Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 How many safety violations, musta man walk down? 
 Post subject: How many safety violations, musta man walk down?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:57 am 
Longtime Regular

Holy crud, if this kid did this with a real gun. . . . :shock:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJsiF6Tr0VE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DJsiF6Tr0VE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:49 am 
Longtime Regular

My favorite: "The bullets just fall out."

All these years I've been wasting time by making that an extra step at the beginning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 am 
Longtime Regular

"This is a Witness one thousand nine hundred and eleven." Amazing how much it looks like a real 1911.

I also enjoyed the mad track that he laid down in the background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:37 am 
Longtime Regular

You guys are pretty cynical.
That kid was what? 10 years old? He likely has never had any firearms safety training, and likely never handled a real weapon.

To me it looks like he could become a valuable asset to our community with the right training. That video was remarkably well made for someone so young. I've seen "real gun guys" make so many mistakes when doing disassembly videos, from violation of the 4 rules, to nominclature mistakes. Give this kid some training and I think he could produce something rivaling most of the 1911 videos on youtube.

(And the background beat was pretty darn good and did not interfer with the presentation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:57 am 
Longtime Regular

What made me really want to post this was when he fired it (loaded) after removing the disassembly pin. That and when he points it at his head toward the beginning.

I was looking for video on Tanfoglio's Witness . . .. and the idea of a Witness (CZ clone) 1911 intrigued me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:20 am 
Longtime Regular

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
You guys are pretty cynical.
That kid was what? 10 years old? He likely has never had any firearms safety training, and likely never handled a real weapon.

(And the background beat was pretty darn good and did not interfer with the presentation.

I was making two comments. One was snarky. The other was truly a comment about how real it looks. I couldn't tell.

You have a good point about the lack of training. What I would have liked to do is find a good video on youtube that shows the 4 rules and then post it as a reply or comment to this video. The kid should see it then. I would also kindly inform him that it is a nineteen eleven. The problem is I wasn't able to find the original youtube page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:18 am 

Do you think Airsoft guns give kids bad habits in handling firearms? Also wouldn't you probably shoot someone if they pulled that on you while you were carrying?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wx71cx4cSIY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wx71cx4cSIY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

I firmly believe that these are two prime candidates from which Darwin could prove out his theories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
Do you think Airsoft guns give kids bad habits in handling firearms? Also wouldn't you probably shoot someone if they pulled that on you while you were carrying?

Does airsoft instill bad habits in kids? I guess maybe it could, but I also think any kid old enough to begin firearm training is also old enough to realize an airsoft is a toy, and a firearm is not. Just like a cap gun or suction dart gun are toys. To apply the 4 rules to every childs toy gun would be a pretty shitty childhood.
I have no problem with a kid shooting his roomate with airsoft, shooting the "bad guys" on tv, or twirling it like a cowboy... heck I've done all of those things.

But yeah, they look crazy realistic, and a person could easily be confused. Which is a good reason to only get involved if you think your life or the life of someone you care for is under threat of GBH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wow... what good parents who give their kids "gun" with no training or supervision. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ha, "I almost shot my brother!". Famous last words...

If I had a nickel for every time somebody's brother got hit with a bb...

I know I saw down the barrel of several thanks to my big brother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

One of my friends dad had an interesting way of teaching and ensuring good safe firearms handling before my friend started hunting. He had his toy guns and stuff, but he had one toy gun that he could play with that he had to treat like a real gun. When he carried it he had to carry it safely. When he put it down it had to be in a safe place. Using it he was not allowed to point it at anything he wasn't willing to shoot, etc. My friend took it quite seriously and had better safe gun handling skills at age 5 than many adult hunters have today. I kinda liked the idea. It was a safe way to see your kid develop their safety skills with some autonomy, and to develop trust with a firearm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

That is a pretty cool idea.

Makes all kind of sense to me.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

AGoodDay wrote:
One of my friends dad had an interesting way of teaching and ensuring good safe firearms handling before my friend started hunting. He had his toy guns and stuff, but he had one toy gun that he could play with that he had to treat like a real gun. When he carried it he had to carry it safely. When he put it down it had to be in a safe place. Using it he was not allowed to point it at anything he wasn't willing to shoot, etc. My friend took it quite seriously and had better safe gun handling skills at age 5 than many adult hunters have today. I kinda liked the idea. It was a safe way to see your kid develop their safety skills with some autonomy, and to develop trust with a firearm.

That's how I was raised as a child in regard to all toy guns with the exception of squirt guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:41 am 
Longtime Regular

mnglocker wrote:
AGoodDay wrote:

That's how I was raised as a child in regard to all toy guns with the exception of squirt guns.

Exactly how my 8 year old girl was taught. With the airsoft version of what I intended to buy for her.

She could hold class on the firing line at Bills. :roll:

-Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.