Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:41 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Victim Disarmament Zones 
 Post subject: Victim Disarmament Zones
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:34 pm 
The Man

This is the place to list businesses and other establishments generally open to the public that have the BANS GUNS IN THESE PREMISES or similar signs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:00 pm 
Journeyman Member

Do we have any way to compile an ongoing list, so people don't have to read months worth of posts to see what stores are posted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:16 pm 
The Man

mostlylurkin wrote:
Do we have any way to compile an ongoing list, so people don't have to read months worth of posts to see what stores are posted?
Not really. We could do an SQL database and hook into it from another page, and setting up a database isn't a lot of work -- it's the updating (permissions, etc.) and the hooking into it that's the problem.

It's doable, but to do it on Dreamhost, where this lives, requires somebody with a fair amount of programming experience, including procedural SQL, and some combination of one or more of Perl, Java, and/or PHP.

Nontrivial.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:18 am 

Suggestion: Keep discussion short (or non-existant) here and just post business names and locations. Don't always use a new post for a new business (or to remove a business that stops posting)--just edit old posts to keep total post numbers to a minimum.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:11 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Don't always use a new post for a new business (or to remove a business that stops posting)--just edit old posts to keep total post numbers to a minimum.

Strongly disagree. Use a new post for each business. It's easier to read the titles than to open each message -- that's why there's a separate forum.

Please do include a name, address, email and phone number if available so we can politely help the businesses see the economic errors of their ways.

Last edited by Andrew Rothman on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:19 am 
Longtime Regular

Matt Payne wrote:
Quote:
Don't always use a new post for a new business (or to remove a business that stops posting)--just edit old posts to keep total post numbers to a minimum.

Strongly disagree. Use a new post for each business. It's easier to read the titles than to open each message -- that's why there's a separate forum.

Please do include a name, address, email and phone number if available so we can politely help the businesses see the economic eror of their ways.

Matt's suggestion sound good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:35 am 
on probation

matt160 wrote:
Matt Payne wrote:
Quote:

Please do include a name, address, email and phone number if available so we can politely help the businesses see the economic eror of their ways.

Matt's suggestion sound good.
You got my VOTE ! on that Matt

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:16 pm 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

Since there wasn't a lot of action here today (yes, I actually have nothing to do at work), I peeked at the Ohio CCW forums. They mentioned a very good idea. Yes we should be threatening to not patronize an establishment if they are posted, but what I wasn't thinking about was patronizing them once they take down the sign.

If someone removes their sign, we should try to make a point of rewarding the business. We should probably encourage everyone we know to visit the business.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pakrat wrote:
We should probably encourage everyone we know to visit the business.

I'm with you Pakrat. I would be willing to go out of my way, to do so.

Post subject: Eagan Regal Theater - Not Really Posted
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was at the Eagan Regal Theater on Cliff Road last night and didn't see a legally-correct ban sign. They do list weapons as one of the many things they don't allow, on a small sign on the ticket window. I figure my wife couldn't criticize me for disobeying that sign since she was sneaking in her own pop. And anyway I had to carry a gun to keep up the testosterone level while watching <i>Brokeback Mountain</i>, right?

My review of <i>Brokeback Mountain</i>, by the way: not nearly enough shooting for a cowboy movie.

Post subject: Re: Eagan Regal Theater - Not Really Posted
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
My review of <i>Brokeback Mountain</i>, by the way: not nearly enough shooting for a cowboy movie.

I guess that would depend on your definition of shooting... :shock:

That is all....

Post subject: Select Comfort Air Beds
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:30 pm 

I Had the opertunity to return a Select Comfort Air bed today. I didn't notice any signs in the store where I bought it, but Returned it to there warehouse in Plymouth near 169 and County Road 10. All doors and loading docks were posted. FYI

Steve

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Eagan Regal Theater - Not Really Posted
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:41 pm 
Journeyman Member

mo_the_mouse wrote:
I guess that would depend on your definition of shooting... :shock:

Ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:41 pm 

Visited Minnesota in October and observed a Minnesota legal "guns banned" sign posted at RICE COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY in Faribault, MN.

I was packing with my Wyoming carry permit, we turned around and departed :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

clemmac wrote:
Visited Minnesota in October and observed a Minnesota legal "guns banned" sign posted at RICE COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY in Faribault, MN.

I was packing with my Wyoming carry permit, we turned around and departed :(

Welcome to the forum.

In Minnesota, they would still need to ask you to leave. If you don't, they can call the police and can give you a $25 ticket if you don't leave. I don't know anyone who got the ticket. So it becomes a non issue.

Come back and enjoy yourself. :!:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.