Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun May 29, 2022 12:15 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Mystic Lake Casino 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mystic Lake Casino
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:45 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 818
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Ok so Mystic Lake Casino is posted, however, I was also wondering if that fact that it's on a reservation brings in any goofy Indian law that changes how things would normally be handled with all that?

_________________
http://www.eckernet.com
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mystic Lake Casino
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:34 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:19 am
Posts: 810
Location: Northern MN
kecker wrote:
Ok so Mystic Lake Casino is posted, however, I was also wondering if that fact that it's on a reservation brings in any goofy Indian law that changes how things would normally be handled with all that?


No goofy laws to mess you up there.

Red Lake and perhaps Boise Forte, maybe*.

I think there a few threads if you search "indian reservation"

_________________
Proud, Service Oriented, Rural LEO, or "BADGED COWBOY"
Certified MN Carry Permit Instructor


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mystic Lake Casino
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:56 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Twin Cities
tman065 wrote:
No goofy laws to mess you up there.


Well sort of. Read this thread for starters:

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... ystic+lake

note there is some disagreement on the topic....and please don't reopen that debate. Just use the information to make your own decision.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mystic Lake Casino
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:19 am
Posts: 810
Location: Northern MN
ree wrote:
tman065 wrote:
No goofy laws to mess you up there.


Well sort of. Read this thread for starters:

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... ystic+lake

note there is some disagreement on the topic....and please don't reopen that debate. Just use the information to make your own decision.


I stand by what I said. No goofy laws for Mystic Lake. It's posted. If they ask you to leave and you don't, they won't call the tribal council, they will call 911.

I have a bit more experience with Red Lake, however. I simply advise staying off the Red Lake Reservation. Period. :shock:

_________________
Proud, Service Oriented, Rural LEO, or "BADGED COWBOY"
Certified MN Carry Permit Instructor


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 818
Location: Apple Valley, MN
Grrr, I thought I had done a search for Mystic Lake, not indian reservations. Thanks for covering the gap in my brainfart.

_________________
http://www.eckernet.com
My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:48 pm 
Journeyman Member

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 pm
Posts: 72
Location: Hastings
Don't carry on a reservation. State laws don't apply and their courts can mess with you big time.

_________________
M&P40c in a Supertuck and Kel-Tec PF9 in Don Hume pocket holster.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:32 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 3:02 am
Posts: 816
Location: South of the River Suburbs
Mystic has an enforcement/jurisdiction agreement with Prior Lake-as such, criminal infarctions that occur on Res land are going to be handled through the Scott County court system.

As such, they have their limited sovereignty, and could make things sticky if they wanted to, but 99% of the time they'll follow the lead of what the PLPD says to keep the peace.

Company policy isn't quite to the point of saying "go into pants shitting hysterics and run away" but it's close. You'll be asked to leave the building and secure your firearm in your vehicle before you can reenter the building. You will also be on camera the whole time you're on the property.

Much more, I cannot say other than this-there are 2 security sups I know of that will give you an exceedingly hard time if you make what they see to be a bad choice.

_________________
My YouTube Videos

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:08 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 6767
Location: Twin Cities
JohnK87 wrote:
Don't carry on a reservation. State laws don't apply and their courts can mess with you big time.


You're wrong. It bothers me a great deal when people state falsehoods as fact. Please check the facts before giving bad advice.

http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1826

_________________
* NRA, UT, MADFI certified Minnesota Permit to Carry instructor, and one of 66,513 law-abiding permit holders. Read my blog.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group