Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat May 28, 2022 11:50 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Southern Lights, Burnsville 
Author Message
 Post subject: Southern Lights, Burnsville
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:38 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Twin Cities
I spotted this on the way in:
<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/evaneaston/TwincitiescarryPitcures/photo#5199304279971269458"><img src="http://lh5.ggpht.com/evaneaston/SCejsg7bC1I/AAAAAAAAAiQ/Uv_1vGTsHEs/s144/Photo-0934.jpg" /></a>
I then proceeded to look through hoards of catalogs, have a sales person look up lots of prices and make photo copies of catalog pages for me for my research, then plopped down a few No Guns, No Money cards along the counters and went on my way. :twisted:

There's a few other lighting stores in the area that are generally quite a bit cheaper and not posted as far as I know.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:34 am 
Senior Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:19 pm
Posts: 333
Good for you!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:09 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 6767
Location: Twin Cities
Not a compliant sign, of course... ;) Goofballs.

_________________
* NRA, UT, MADFI certified Minnesota Permit to Carry instructor, and one of 66,513 law-abiding permit holders. Read my blog.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 pm 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 pm
Posts: 53
Location: Have Gun Will Travel
Are these cards something you made or bought?

_________________
Never leave home without it!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Twin Cities
EAGSMN wrote:
Are these cards something you made or bought?

Here are some references to ones you can print.

I happen to be using this file (found in a different post I think) which is MN-specific and one sided (easier to print), if a bit busy.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:28 pm 
Journeyman Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 pm
Posts: 53
Location: Have Gun Will Travel
Thanks. I am printing some out right now.

_________________
Never leave home without it!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Southern Lights, Burnsville
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:49 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 8:28 pm
Posts: 273
Location: Rosemount, MN
ree wrote:
I spotted this on the way in:
<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/evaneaston/TwincitiescarryPitcures/photo#5199304279971269458"><img src="http://lh5.ggpht.com/evaneaston/SCejsg7bC1I/AAAAAAAAAiQ/Uv_1vGTsHEs/s144/Photo-0934.jpg" /></a>
I then proceeded to look through hoards of catalogs, have a sales person look up lots of prices and make photo copies of catalog pages for me for my research, then plopped down a few No Guns, No Money cards along the counters and went on my way. :twisted:

There's a few other lighting stores in the area that are generally quite a bit cheaper and not posted as far as I know.


I love it!! I might have to go there just to waste there time!!

_________________
"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 9:55 pm
Posts: 598
Location: Dundas, Minnesota
I assume it's o.k. since you posted the link, but I copied your file. Thanks. I like those. I'll need them soon.

_________________
I say I'm cleaning guns... My wife says I'm petting them.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Twin Cities
Yes. Definitely keep your own copy of the no guns, no money card docs. They're not mine, but they're here for us to use, not protect from copying.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:25 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:32 pm
Posts: 180
Location: St. Paul
<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oEMUeXYTIXi8ReS_UYLTpw?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="http://lh6.ggpht.com/_xmlqorf-Apw/Sd1NcGN4R8I/AAAAAAAACr8/inpuiWZSHms/s400/img186.jpg" /></a>

I was down here last week and took this picture. Not sure how legal this sign is.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:35 am 
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Lino Lakes
realtor_packing_heat wrote:
<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oEMUeXYTIXi8ReS_UYLTpw?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="http://lh6.ggpht.com/_xmlqorf-Apw/Sd1NcGN4R8I/AAAAAAAACr8/inpuiWZSHms/s400/img186.jpg" /></a>

I was down here last week and took this picture. Not sure how legal this sign is.


Simple, it's not. Sign requirements are pretty clear in the statute....IIRC, the sign must be 184 sq inches (11"x17"), black text on a white background, Arial font....


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 am 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:49 am
Posts: 687
Location: South Minneapolis (Nokomis East)
ree wrote:
Yes. Definitely keep your own copy of the no guns, no money card docs. They're not mine, but they're here for us to use, not protect from copying.


You are absolutely right. If I'm not mistaken, that looks like the word file I put together a long time ago, and have been sending out by request, not knowing how to host it with a simple link like you did.

I did them single sided for the simple reason that the card stock I had would not hold ink very well on the reverse.

Everyone is absolutely given total permission to use it, copy it, whatever. Even make your own adjustments. I don't care. It's the basic message being delivered that's important.

Andrew, if there isn't already a file for cards like this in the reference section, maybe you could post ree's link there? (Provided he doesn't mind, of course.)

_________________
I smoke. Thanks for holding your breath.

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:55 pm
Posts: 742
Location: Twin Cities
Aquaholic wrote:
Andrew, if there isn't already a file for cards like this in the reference section, maybe you could post ree's link there? (Provided he doesn't mind, of course.)

Have at it. I believe I have more than enough bandwidth to spare for the occasional download.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:05 pm 
Longtime Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:24 am
Posts: 6767
Location: Twin Cities
Posted here: http://www.twincitiescarry.com/forum/vi ... 317#144317

If a mod wanted to go back and add some explanation, that'd be fine.

_________________
* NRA, UT, MADFI certified Minnesota Permit to Carry instructor, and one of 66,513 law-abiding permit holders. Read my blog.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:37 pm
Posts: 1571
Location: Detroit Lakes, MN
Smurf wrote:
realtor_packing_heat wrote:
<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/oEMUeXYTIXi8ReS_UYLTpw?feat=embedwebsite"><img src="http://lh6.ggpht.com/_xmlqorf-Apw/Sd1NcGN4R8I/AAAAAAAACr8/inpuiWZSHms/s400/img186.jpg" /></a>

I was down here last week and took this picture. Not sure how legal this sign is.


Simple, it's not. Sign requirements are pretty clear in the statute....IIRC, the sign must be 184 sq inches (11"x17"), black text on a white background, Arial font....
Close...but no ringer...maybe a leaner.

11x17 = 187 and that is the minimum size, not the mandated size

white background? No....a contrasting background...does not have to be white.

_________________
Paul Horvick
http://shootingsafely.com
---
Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com


Offline
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours


 Who is online 

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


 
Index  |  FAQ  |  Search

phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group