Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Chateau Theatres, Rochester 
 Post subject: Chateau Theatres, Rochester
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:16 pm 

Is posted

There are no signs on the either of the main doors, but is on the wall after you enter. Which leads me to believe they are not within regulations for it, but none the less I decided to do my watching of movies elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 pm 

I have always gone to the Hollywood and have never had a problem. Better location plus they have more leg room and Pepsi products. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:33 am 

Interesting thing is the Cinemagic in Rochester has the same owner, but is not posted. I believe that it might be a holdover from the old owner Chafoulias.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:15 am 

My uncle owns the Hollywood and Chateau, I will talk to him about it next time I talk to him. :D

Edit: Also seeing that he is super ultra conservative I'm pretty sure it will be down pretty quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 am 
Longtime Regular

atripp wrote:
My uncle owns the Hollywood and Chateau, I will talk to him about it next time I talk to him. :D

Edit: Also seeing that he is super ultra conservative I'm pretty sure it will be down pretty quick.

Maybe we could get him to host an Open Carry "Serenity" showing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:27 am 
Longtime Regular

atripp wrote:

Let us know when he does. I'll take the family to a movie there next time we're visiting my folks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:55 am 
Longtime Regular

Wow. Small world. I grew up in Rochester, and went to high school with a Mark Chafoulias.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:02 pm 
Longtime Regular

I thought the Chateau was a book store now?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:03 pm 

I texted him today, have yet to hear back, will post when I get an update on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm 

He said he didn't think it was still there and it was there when they originally bought the place.

If it is in fact still up I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think you are gonna get busted. I don't think my uncle would appreciate if one of the managers there kicked out a law abiding, gun carrying citizen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:41 pm 
Longtime Regular

atripp wrote:
If it is in fact still up I wouldn't worry too much, I don't think you are gonna get busted. I don't think my uncle would appreciate if one of the managers there kicked out a law abiding, gun carrying citizen.

With all due respect, the sign sends a message to everyone who walks in. Whether or not your uncle is for, against, or neutral on 2A, the sign says he's against it and is advertising that fact to every patron that sees it.

I dont' worry about any "No Guns" signs because one would have to be a real idiot to even get to the $25 penalty phase. I do, however, try to avoid spending my money at such places to the extent possible.

While I appreciate you checking with him and clarifying the matter, as long as the sign is there, the message is being broadcast and I won't spend my money there.* Telling us he's for 2A while he's telling the public that he's against it doesn't work for me.

* I've haven't been to a movie in Roch in 5 years so no one will go hungry because of that decision.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 12:39 am 

Thanks for checking, maybe I will stop back next time to see if its down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:51 am 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:
as long as the sign is there, the message is being broadcast and I won't spend my money there.* Telling us he's for 2A while he's telling the public that he's against it doesn't work for me.

* I've haven't been to a movie in Roch in 5 years so no one will go hungry because of that decision.

Well said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:01 pm 

I asked him to take it down but honestly I think hes a bit busy right now just trying to stay afloat in this economy. Me asking him to take down a sign at a theater that I will honestly never see a movie at isn't really at the top of the list of things to do.(Although taking the sign down would obviously bring in more people like us) If you think it is that big of a deal, and you like the location or style or w/e of that theater and really want it down then ask the company yourself. I know you guys on this message board are all about action, heres the email: comments@cinemagictheatres.com. Raise a big enough stink and it will probably come down. I know I should have some pull, the owner being my uncle and all but I don't have as much a pull as his customers (aka people who make him money). Email him, call the place, get them to take it down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:08 pm 

RLS59 wrote:
I have always gone to the Hollywood and have never had a problem. Better location plus they have more leg room and Pepsi products. :D

And it's quite fancy from what I remember. I put up some of the screens and helped with other small stuff such as the aisle lighting. :D

The have those giant Oscars statues right, and the really tall lobby with like old movie posters hanging down or something?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.