Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Perkins Reverses Policy... 
 Post subject: Re: Perkins Reverses Policy...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:06 pm 
The Man

I dunno, maybe, something like, "After hearing about the hassle that the other guy got from your manager, I'm glad to hear that you don't have a policy about carry permit holders, but kind of wish I knew what your policy was about managers who hassle patrons who aren't doing anything wrong -- I know that they fire folks for that at Denny's."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Got the call (message) placed (been busy today). We'll see what I get back...

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 pm 

Looks like this has turned out well!

I haven't heard from anyone yet :/
b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:12 pm 
Journeyman Member

Same call from Bill today.. At least this has stirred some discussion and by the sounds I would say that the locations that have signs won't for long

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:57 pm 
Journeyman Member

After reading this post this evening the Wife and I went to that Perkins location for dinner, there was no manager on duty just a shift leader and I told her the only reason we came there to eat was the change in gun policy, she said she had not heard of any change.I told her she would soon. I was not oc and no more was said. the food and service was good

John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm 
Journeyman Member

old guy wrote:
After reading this post this evening the Wife and I went to that Perkins location for dinner, there was no manager on duty just a shift leader and I told her the only reason we came there to eat was the change in gun policy, she said she had not heard of any change.I told her she would soon. I was not oc and no more was said. the food and service was good

John

Was it still posted, or was that location ever posted?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:50 pm 

I got the call from Bill today and I have to say that I am very impressed that he took the time to call all of us personally. I was so impressed that I took the wife there for dinner tonight. I have always liked Perkins and I am very happy with this outcome.

Good job everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm 
Journeyman Member

I saw no posting.

John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:
Bill and his bosses, after receiving many emails from you guys, I am sure, have come to the understanding that they will not have a policy on guns. They will treat each instance on it own merits.

That's less than optimal. "No policy" means letting their restaurant managers, however ignorant or hoplophobic, to make the rules.

Walmart, in contrast, has a corporate policy: legal carry in Walmart stores is just fine with them. That's what we want.

Sure, Andrew, you could see it that way. On the other hand, and this is the sense I got, they are rescinding the knee-jerk "let's ban guns" policy that came out of my initial email and have returned to a neutral policy; one very much in accordance with all other groups that they have not banned.

I am pretty sure if you asked them what their written policy is on serving people wearing glasses and having facial hair they would not have one. That is what I took as their stand on folks with guns to be. Now, just as they would with those glasses wearing, goateed folks, anyone carrying a gun and causing true problems will be dealt with accordingly. Those who just come in and have no issues will be left alone. I do not believe manager discretion will be part of it. Is there anyway to prevent that? Sure, with a written policy. However, then they will need one for every other group of people and that is just not practical.

I took Bill at his word that each instance will be handled individually, just as every instance of be-speckled, bearded women coming in to the restaurant is. I do believe our emails made a big impact on their thinking, showing them that knee-jerk reactions can have financial consequences.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 pm 

Moby Clarke wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
Moby Clarke wrote:
Bill and his bosses, after receiving many emails from you guys, I am sure, have come to the understanding that they will not have a policy on guns. They will treat each instance on it own merits.

That's less than optimal. "No policy" means letting their restaurant managers, however ignorant or hoplophobic, to make the rules.

Walmart, in contrast, has a corporate policy: legal carry in Walmart stores is just fine with them. That's what we want.

Sure, Andrew, you could see it that way. On the other hand, and this is the sense I got, they are rescinding the knee-jerk "let's ban guns" policy that came out of my initial email and have returned to a neutral policy; one very much in accordance with all other groups that they have not banned.

I am pretty sure if you asked them what their written policy is on serving people wearing glasses and having facial hair they would not have one. That is what I took as their stand on folks with guns to be. Now, just as they would with those glasses wearing, goateed folks, anyone carrying a gun and causing true problems will be dealt with accordingly. Those who just come in and have no issues will be left alone. I do not believe manager discretion will be part of it. Is there anyway to prevent that? Sure, with a written policy. However, then they will need one for every other group of people and that is just not practical.

I took Bill at his word that each instance will be handled individually, just as every instance of be-speckled, bearded women coming in to the restaurant is. I do believe our emails made a big impact on their thinking, showing them that knee-jerk reactions can have financial consequences.

+1 I couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:58 pm 

people wearing glasses and having facial hair and I'd be carrying too, I guess I'm a goner for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 am 

Nice! thanks for the hard work guys! 8) I was going to write a letter myself, but I thought there was enough flooding thier offices, I write a thank you and will continue to visit your restaurants type of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:40 am 
Journeyman Member

This seemed to have worked well. We should do more e-mail, letter writting, and phone calling with the rest of the places on "the list".

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.