Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:08 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 National Camera & West Photo both ban guns 
 Post subject: National Camera & West Photo both ban guns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:09 pm 
I was sad to see the sign posted in the window of National Camera Exchange: their Roseville store has a used lens that I wanted to buy. So I headed over to West Photo in Minneapolis instead, to see if they had one. Well they did. They also had a sign. No gun on premises. So I sadly walked away from the store, and the lens that I wanted. (I ordered it from a camera shop online, and saved $40. But I would have gladly paid the extra $40 to patronize a local shop that lets me handle the goods before buying.)

My anti-gun friend says it's their right to post the sign, and talking to them about it isn't going to do any good. I agree that it's their right, but I think they need to understand the business they're losing because of the sign.

My solution? I'm saving my receipts. At the end of the year, I'm going to make photocopies of my receipts for camera equipment and lenses that I've made throughout the year. All of which has been done online, with out of state camera shops. And I'm going to mail a letter and copies of the receipts to our local stores. Maybe when they see the actual dollar signs involved, they will rethink their policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

I did that with a local liquor store in my area.

I had stopped by and noticed their sign. I went in and left a no gun, no sale card with the clerks. After thinking about it, I figured that the owner might not even hear about it. Therefore, I made a copy of the receipt from another liquor store. It showed a sale of liquor for 429.00. The receipt was dated the day of my visit to his store. I attached it to a very nice letter explaining what I had done, and the cause of my actions.

A day later, I received a call from the owner. He apologized. He said that he was probable going remove the sign after talking to his employees. In our conversation I found out the he was even completing getting a carry permit himself. Next time I went into the store the sign was gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:01 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I drove past the Edina National Camera and saw a square white sign that was probably a posting.

I'm near sighted and could not read it from France Ave.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:41 am 
Longtime Regular

Are any businesses in Edina NOT posted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:12 am 

Brewman wrote:
Are any businesses in Edina NOT posted?

It wouldn't surprise me if every business is posted. Applying "EDINA=Every Day I Need Attention" tends to put things in perspective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:24 am 
Longtime Regular

R F Moeller Jewelers at 50th and France is not posted.

I go there all the time..... Well, when I need to keep the bride happy.

Post subject: A comment about Edina
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:28 am 
Journeyman Member

Approx. 30 yrs ago, our family moved from Illinois to central Minnesota. At the time, I had young kids. A family from Edina was visiting a family across the street. A 4 yr old visiting girl came to our house to play with our young kids who were out playing. The first thing this visiting 4 yr old said was, "I'm from Edina, we're rich." Where the *^%# did she get this nonsense? (Stupid parents?)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:47 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

I won't be offended, as I hail from Edina originally. Not rich, but I did get a lot of funny looks when I told people where I lived. I usually had to say "not the rich part".

Anyways, I didn't see any (illegal) postings at Southdale. I went in through the Ruby Tuesday's entrance to goto the Men's Warehouse.

I've read that Men's Warehouse is very accomodating to guns (ie sizing for IWB holsters), but the pants I put on were a good size so I didn't mention anything to them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:40 pm 
Activist Extraordinaire

Southdale is not posted. I've carried openly there, without any issues. Had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, saw a movie, shopped at Border's, all a non-issue.

"Some Things Are Worth Fighting For"
Judas Priest

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:42 pm 

Ritz Camara will match any price advertized by National or West, and they don't post. I plan to buy a new Nikon D50 before the end of the year, and my $750 (plus $200 for memory cards and another $50 for assorted odds and ends) will not be going to a posted business.

Since this thread died some of us must have bought camaras. That has to represent several thousand dollars in lost business because of the sign. I wonder how much business National and West have gained because of their signs? As far as gaining any safety, I can't say that I've heard about any Ritz Camara shops getting shot up since, well, since forever.

Bristol’s Bastards: In Iraq with the 2nd Battalion, 136th Infantry of Minnesota’s National Guard: Bravo Company of Minnesota’s National Guard fought alongside the Marine Corp in Al Anbar province through the deadliest period of Operation Iraqi Freedom, kicking down doors, dodging IEDs, battling insurgents, and trying to help one another survive in the deadliest place on earth. Available in bookstores everywhere. For autographed copies, visit bristolsbastards.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:44 am 
Longtime Regular

Lobotomy Boy wrote:
Since this thread died some of us must have bought camaras. That has to represent several thousand dollars in lost business because of the sign. I wonder how much business National and West have gained because of their signs? As far as gaining any safety, I can't say that I've heard about any Ritz Camara shops getting shot up since, well, since forever.

If you've bought any camera or video equipment, make a photocopy of your reciept (from Best Buy, Ritz, etc.) along with your carry permit and a no-guns-no-money card.

Send it to:

Attn: Manager
National Camera Exchange & Video
9300 Olson Memorial Highway
Golden Valley, MN 55427

or fax it to 763.546.7043

It may not take that many thousands of dollars to convince them of their folly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

I received an e-mail from National Camera the other day about a sale they had coming up.At the bottom they had an option to not receive there e-mails. I added a reply that I don't spend any money in establishments that post no guns so they should remove me from their mailing list. Many years ago I spent large amounts of money on my black and white darkroom with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:46 am 
Longtime Regular

I believe the national camera in maple grove is not posted. I haven't seen any signs on any of the entrences and have decided to leave sleeping dogs lie about thanking them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

I spent over 12 bills on camera / vid stuff last week and notified camera exchange that I did not shop there because I had heard that they don't want business from people with MN Permit to Carry. I said I'd love to try before I buy and would love to hear that they have had a policy change. If I get a reply I'll post it here. I don't have a fax machine so I used the form on their website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

JDR wrote:
R F Moeller Jewelers at 50th and France is not posted.

I go there all the time..... Well, when I need to keep the bride happy.

:shock: You mean you can't just buy her a gun?

Back on topic: I absolutely love that y'all are showing them the money. I may have to do that with some of the local businesses that post. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.