Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pep Boys 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:59 pm 

I won't ever patronize Poop Boys again, due to the carry restriction and the fact that the one I went to was predominantly run by Mexicans. Not that I have a problem with that; the problem I have is when they are carrying on conversations in spanish with others while they are helping you. For all I know, they were talking about me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sipowicz wrote:
I won't ever patronize Poop Boys again, due to the carry restriction and the fact that the one I went to was predominantly run by Mexicans. Not that I have a problem with that; the problem I have is when they are carrying on conversations in spanish with others while they are helping you. For all I know, they were talking about me.

Or asking "Hey, Manuel, where are those hose clamps?" :)

Welcome to the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Sipowicz wrote:
For all I know, they were talking about me.

I know for a fact they were. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:13 pm 
Longtime Regular

You live in America and can't speak Spanish? Shame on you :lol:

Sipowicz wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:22 am 

Put yourself into your best Borat character and answer them in Kazakh…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Pat wrote:
Put yourself into your best Borat character and answer them in Kazakh…

Bad inteligence, Bad inteligence :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:55 am 

JimC wrote:
You live in America and can't speak Spanish? Shame on you :lol:

Ugh! Don't get me started on this! Talk about a pet peeve of mine that I have exceedingly strong opinions on! :evil:

*shudders*

Soon, English will be the minority language!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:30 pm 

Quite possibly.
Adapt and overcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

Personally, I don't go there because they screwed up a brake inspection which resulted in my brother going careening into another vehicle. If they would have touched the brake lines they would have known they were bad. 2 weeks after the inspection, the brake line popped when my brother had to step on the brakes hard. The guy that was fixing the brakes went to check the lines. He touched them and they broke off in his hand. I wasn't terribly impressed with that inspection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:49 am 
Longtime Regular

AGoodDay wrote:
Personally, I don't go there because they screwed up a brake inspection which resulted in my brother going careening into another vehicle. If they would have touched the brake lines they would have known they were bad. 2 weeks after the inspection, the brake line popped when my brother had to step on the brakes hard. The guy that was fixing the brakes went to check the lines. He touched them and they broke off in his hand. I wasn't terribly impressed with that inspection.

I used to do ALL of my own work. I work on cars as I was taught to work on aircraft. EVERYTHING gets checked and double checked. Today's vehicles don't allow for the typical shadetree mechanic to perform diagnostics any more. I still change my own oil and perform safety inspections at that time.

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:53 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yeah, and I actually had been. We had been getting that van ready for a 3,000 mile road trip, and I spent well over 40 hours checking it and getting it in condition. As I recall, we took it in for new tires, and they offered a brake system check with the tires for a pretty decent price. We went for it, and I checked one more thing off my list. I'll never do that again.

After that crash, I'm definitely much more meticulous about personally checking vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:02 pm 

AGoodDay wrote:
The Pep Boys in Coon Rapids is another one that is posted like they are embarrassed about it. They even have it covered up with other stuff sometimes.

I do not like Pep Boys anymore anyway, so I go to NAPA or AutoZone.

I was out shopping with the wife today and needed to stop by for some Stabil. They have a proper sign - its just sitting on the floor leaning against the front window.

I got my Stabil but won't be going back. Their prices were all higher than AutoZone's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

The thing about Pep Boys is that they will sometimes stock stuff Autozone doesn't. Autozone is cheaper, though.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.