Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Is the Orpheum posted? 
 Post subject: Is the Orpheum posted?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:15 pm 
Journeyman Member

Who knows if Orpheum theatre on Hennepin and 10th is posted? I intend to attend an event there. Pretty please. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:49 am 

I don't know if they are actually posted, but it does state the following at the Ticketmaster site for the venue:

General Rules:
The Orpheum Theatre is a gun-free facility. We prohibit weapons in or on our Theatre grounds.

Cameras and recording devices are not allowed.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/49292

dj

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:01 am 
Longtime Regular

Who owns the Orpheum?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:14 am 
Longtime Regular

I believe they received State funds for their building.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:25 am 
Longtime Regular

The Pantages which is owned (managed) by the same company as the Orpheum is posted and if I recall correctly the signs are compliant.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:47 pm 
Journeyman Member

thank you very much for help 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:34 am 

I attended an event there almost a year ago. They were patting everyone down as we entered the building…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:14 pm 
Longtime Regular

Went to the Dylan concert last night at the Excel. They were posted (by the Excel Management Group, IIRC), and were doing some pat downs.

They missed my P3AT though.. :)

"Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ unknown

Never been tazered. (yet).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:11 pm 
Journeyman Member

So, I went to the Orpheum on the 28th of October. (Pet Shop Boys).
I warned my wife that carry was most likely prohibited in there, so instead we took pepper products: me-nice foam, her- nice gel.
Because we were getting late, we ran mostly from 4th and Henn to 10th and Henn. I noticed lots of people on the street , some shady characters. Plenty of on-foot police too.
In Orpheum there was no "ban " sign in sight. We went quickly through the first set of doors next to the box offices, there was a single large policeman standing quite alert. I did not make an eye contact an he did not seem to worry about a couple of modestly dressed whiteys. Then we went trough a second set of doors and there were 4 security guys and gals with radios and one had a metal scanner. We got in line for ticket check , went through within a minute, no security approached us. And from there during the show the security was posted on every level inside and out the floor but there were no incidents, although liquor was served in abundance.
Security company was "Asia events security".
The concert by the way was awful. I felt betrayed as a fan of 20 years. They appeared to be forced into performing (where "performing" used loosely ).Sound was aimed too low, so the higher you were the boomier the sound was and on the top floor no words could be heard. Dancers were very amature, choreography nonexistent. Choice of songs was poor , considering that the PSB were last seen performing at the Orpheum in 1991 and definitely needed to get the audience back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 pm 

Hi, bigval!
This is my first post to the forum and I about freaked when I did a search for the Orpheum and saw your post.
I was at that same concert. I and KNEW I wasn't crazy. The sound did suck! :D
Anyway, back to the topic...
I'm in the process of buying my first gun and getting my concealed permit here in Minot, ND. I'm learning it's a big responsibilty and there is SO much to learn. Even though I don't yet own a gun, I'm always concious of where one could carry a gun and where one couldn't. Case in point: The Orpheum. (Beautiful theatre, by the way)
A buddy of mine and I traveled to Minneapolis to see the show. (4th row!) We parked in the Target Center lot. I think that's what it was. Anyway, it's the one that's connected by skyway.
As we walked from the parking garage to the theatre via skyway, we saw nobody. Absolutely empty. And this was a half hour before the show. We got to the "upper entrance" I guess it's called, and there was only one gal there working the booth. She was very nice and helpful and she took our ticket printouts and let us in. That was it. One door and we were in. Also, I didn't even notice any security inside. But I guess I wasn't looking real hard.
On the flip side, my girlfriend and I went to see Celtic Woman at the Orpheum in 2005. At THAT show, we went in the main entrance and got scanned. Great show, by the way.
In hind sight, I think I should have been more nervous walking through an empty skyway than down a busy street.
Anyway, I'm glad to be here on the forum and I hope to see many more good shows at the Orpheum and the State! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:26 am 

Welcome to the forum, taggart!

Good post, and good attitude about carrying. I think everyone here on the forum is highly conscious of the responsibilities involved in carrying arms, and it's nice to see someone going about it with the right mindset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Welcome to the forum taggart.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:46 pm 

Srigs wrote:
Welcome to the forum taggart.

As my good friend, the late, great Charlie Walhof from Luverne, MN used to say: "Thank YOU'ns!"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.