Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Children's Museum, St. Paul 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:14 am 
Longtime Regular

bensdad wrote:
Binky .357 wrote:
Childrens museum?

Sooooo, do they have exhibits of children from eras gone by, or... :?

You know; this is how kids looked in the 60's, this is how they looked in the 1800's, etc...

Yeah. they have some interesting cross-sections too. You know, "This is what the inside of a kid looks like."

Heh. And people say I'm sick. :D

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:03 pm 
Journeyman Member

That sign has been there since the first carry law was passed. All my grandchildren have grown out of the place since then. I took them there many times. THEY were safer there than the kids who were there before we got there; that said, the Science Museum lost out on our long standing family membership when they posted. Their Ms. Rude; I kid you not, Rude, gave me feed back along the lines of the commentary in the sign in question here.

It may be genetic with school teachers. At least the sign isn't cast bronze like the one at the Swedish Museum. Right! The one at 26th and Park, Minneapolis. I get a big mental picture of me walking from their parking lot to the front door without every item in my ensemble.

It's all I can do to leave my tennis bag in the trunk.

Regards, Porkie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:59 pm 
Journeyman Member

ronin you are indeed lucky. i lived in st. paul for many years and knew there were areas one did not go at night alone. now daytime there are more panhandlers looking for change so now that i live up Nort' whenever i have to go to st. paul i feel naked without the smith on me.
when i take the family there in the near future i will be carrying and making sure all are safe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.