Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 lease renewal denied 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:35 am 

nathanm wrote:
Don't forget this one:
Quote:
MN State Statute §624.714, Subd. 17

(e) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.

but a landlord can always not renew a lease for any reason when the current one is up :wink: A friend of mine who runs a business sued his landlord and "won" Well, his lease is up for renewal and he's unable to renew it. They put too many conditions on it. He complained to the court, the court said "We told him he has to renew your lease, and he is offering you one to sign"

If you ever start a fight with your landlord, you need to be ready to move.

My Homebrew journal http://brew.goalie.cx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:15 am 
Longtime Regular

LOOP
    1. pull your sign.
    2. say you are sorry
    3. sign new lease
    4. add sign to window
REPEAT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Greg wrote:
If you ever, heaven forbid, have to use one of your guns, expect the police and the "victim's" lawyer to portray you as someone predisposed to shoot and a danger to others. Do you really want a picture of that sign on the 10 PM news while they interview your neighbors?

The other reason that the sign is a poor idea is that it's just advertising "guns to steal here"!

YMMV

Yes.

Those are two of my main reasons for not displaying a "We Don't Call 911" sign on my house.

The other big reason is that my wife thinks it might be a little over the top. I have to agree. I really don't like advertising, "C'mon and get your free guns here as soon as the house is empty!"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.