Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Hennipen County or Southdale library... 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:45 pm 
Forum Moderator

Mplsspyder wrote:
The St. Louis Park library is posted the same way.
"Hennipen County Library prohibits dangerous weapons in this establishment"
Well, I can't speak to Rugers or Kimbers as I have none, but I know my Glock and it is not dangerous, so apparently the sign does not apply to me and my G19. :lol:

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

Mplsspyder wrote:

But, it also has the disclaimer exempting permit holders in the fine print at the bottom.

The one that gets me is Brookdale. They have absolutely no signs at all anymore.

Last edited by DeanC on Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:57 am 
Raving Moderate

phorvick wrote:
Mplsspyder wrote:
Well, I can't speak to Rugers or Kimbers as I have none, but I know my Glock and it is not dangerous, so apparently the sign does not apply to me and my G19. :lol:

Nor to me and my Ruger, as it is certainly not dangerous... :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject: Southdale Library
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:56 am 
Longtime Regular

I know this is an old thread, but here's the Southdale Library sign in question:

It was still there last night. I had to stop by to pick up the copy of Vince Flynn's "Protect & Defend" that I had on reserve.

You can rest assured, I did not carry anything dangerous when I went in there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

"Dangerous Weapons" might seem a senseless redundancy at first glance, but surely our county officials would not post a sign which was senseless.

No, with a little thought it is obvious that they can only be referring to weapons falling under a manufacturer's safety recall notice. I checked with Ruger, mine is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:31 pm 

Henn County sign at HCMC yesterday WITH OUT the small font disclaimer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:11 pm 

The Southdale library has had three different versions of the sign up. They used to have the "court order" sign, claiming it was part of the neighboring court building. Then for a while they had the sign with the disclaimer at the bottom allowing permit holders to carry there. Now they have this sign which says nothing about the court order or permit holders.

I called the head of security about this a while ago. He says the county is of the opinion that the court ordered ban does apply to the library. He speculated that it was typical county employee incompetence that lead to the wrong sign being put up. I pointed out that amounted to being a trap for a permit holder, who would have reason to believe the court order didn't apply based on the now removed wording. He refused to follow my logic. He refused to have the sign changed, and even though he freely admited that his job was created as a result of the illegal signs at the Edina library, and Reaver's episode there, he didn't see any inconsistency with his stand.

He said the county attorney and the county board have authority over the sign (passing the buck, stonewalling). I've been meaning to pursue the issue with them, but have been busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:11 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm not 100% sure, but in order to be compliant isn't the verbiage of the sign part of the requirement to make it compliant?

"We're either gonna be the best of friends or there's gonna be a whole lotta shootin' goin' on."

"I think it's a good thing for serving cops to mix with non-cops in a situation where they understand that they aren't in charge." -JoelR

"You'd be amazed at the things a bullet can stop." -Old Irish Proverb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:40 am 
Longtime Regular

It would be, if government entities weren't specifically forbidden from posting. They are, so the sign is meaningless.

Binky .357 wrote:
I'm not 100% sure, but in order to be compliant isn't the verbiage of the sign part of the requirement to make it compliant?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
It would be, if government entities weren't specifically forbidden from posting. They are, so the sign is meaningless.

Binky .357 wrote:

Except when you are a radical judge who believes he is bigger and more important than us little people. And when you are that judge, and everyone around you grovels at your feet and heeds your every word (like the Hennepin Cnty Sheriff's Office) and puts up signs that force us little people to decide just how much justice we can afford, then a compliant sign is not really important. :evil:

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:00 pm 
The Man

bab wrote:
The Southdale library has had three different versions of the sign up. They used to have the "court order" sign, claiming it was part of the neighboring court building. Then for a while they had the sign with the disclaimer at the bottom allowing permit holders to carry there. Now they have this sign which says nothing about the court order or permit holders.

I called the head of security about this a while ago. He says the county is of the opinion that the court ordered ban does apply to the library. He speculated that it was typical county employee incompetence that lead to the wrong sign being put up. I pointed out that amounted to being a trap for a permit holder, who would have reason to believe the court order didn't apply based on the now removed wording. He refused to follow my logic. He refused to have the sign changed, and even though he freely admited that his job was created as a result of the illegal signs at the Edina library, and Reaver's episode there, he didn't see any inconsistency with his stand.

He said the county attorney and the county board have authority over the sign (passing the buck, stonewalling). I've been meaning to pursue the issue with them, but have been busy.
When you get a round tuit -- and I'm not criticizing; I'm finding round tuits somewhat hard to find, m'self -- let me know what happens, please?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brookdale?? I'm sure the signs were stolen.

DeanC wrote:
Mplsspyder wrote:

But, it also has the disclaimer exempting permit holders in the fine print at the bottom.

The one that gets me is Brookdale. They have absolutely no signs at all anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

JimC wrote:
Brookdale?? I'm sure the signs were stolen.

Nope. The court area is signed, not the library. They seem to have smarter wards of the state than the other branches.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Southdale Library
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:02 pm 

Lenny7 wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but here's the Southdale Library sign in question:

It was still there last night. I had to stop by to pick up the copy of Vince Flynn's "Protect & Defend" that I had on reserve.

You can rest assured, I did not carry anything dangerous when I went in there.

I saw that same sign when I went into the Maple Grove DMV building to renew my license this morning. It did have a little statement at the bottom about it not applying to those lawfully permitted to carry.

What a STUPID waste of government resources. I mean really, who needs a sign that says only legal things are allowed here. That pretty much goes without saying. It just irritates me that the government should be allowed to post such things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:40 pm 
Wise Elder

You keep picking at a scab and eventually it'll bleed.
For God's sake. Leave it alone.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.