Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:32 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 No one "posts" in Nebraska. 
 Post subject: No one "posts" in Nebraska.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:21 pm 
Wise Elder

Almost three months after the start of a state law allowing people to carry concealed weapons, signs banning guns from privately owned businesses haven't exactly popped up all over the city. In fact, while some chains and shopping malls have added "no weapons" clauses to their posted codes of conduct, many small businesses haven't seen the need. And at least one that did later reconsidered.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1 ... id=2355124

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

Talk about a lot of common sense; and in print, mind you...

tman065

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 am 

This is such a refreshing outlook on the whole issue. I've lived around here so long that I had forgotten that people even thought this way anymore. There are a lot of great comments from regular folks. Thanks for posting this kimberman.

Quote:
Greg Cutchall put up a "No Concealed Weapons" sign at his Famous Dave's barbecue restaurant at 71st Street and Ames Avenue, but a customer's reaction persuaded Cutchall to remove it within days.

"He wrote that he was no longer going to do business with us," Cutchall said. "He went on to say how difficult it is for an individual to actually obtain a concealed weapon permit, and that they're law-abiding citizens."

One of the customer's points, Cutchall said, really resonated: The sign wouldn't keep out someone who wanted to rob the place.

"Your business is more important to me than one of 1,000 ways people could sue us," Cutchall wrote back, adding that he would take down the sign.

After he removed the sign, Cutchall said, he received e-mails from other customers applauding his decision and telling him they planned to eat at the restaurant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 am 
Longtime Regular

All in all a good article. One exception is the following...

Quote:
The Nebraska Humane Society posted a sign, spokesman Pam Wiese said, because animal control officers write citations and enforce laws.

"We sometimes run up against people who are emotionally charged, who aren't necessarily pleased with the situation that brings them to the center," Wiese said. "So just to maintain as much safety as possible, we felt it was important to post it."

They keep on missing the point that bad men ignore signs!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:14 am 

Srigs wrote:
All in all a good article. One exception is the following...

Quote:
The Nebraska Humane Society posted a sign, spokesman Pam Wiese said, because animal control officers write citations and enforce laws.

"We sometimes run up against people who are emotionally charged, who aren't necessarily pleased with the situation that brings them to the center," Wiese said. "So just to maintain as much safety as possible, we felt it was important to post it."

They keep on missing the point that bad men ignore signs!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

hmmm. Maybe I should post my impound lot so when the crackheads come for their cars I won't have to worry.
Then I won't have to carry anymore. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:57 am 
Forum Moderator

The article also noted:
---
1,026 - The number of concealed carry permit applications received by the Nebraska State Patrol since January.

605 - Permits have been issued
---

163 of the applicants are from my classes, another 60 taking classes this week from me.

There are not many signs...but, in several communities the local Sheriff or Police are going door-to-door handing out the signs as a "courtesy" to their retail merchants. It is rather refreshing that they are not being used.

The sign issue is complicated, or at least somewhat misleading, in that open carry is fully legal and not uncommon

Contact us to schedule a class for you and your friends, and check our website for more information http://shootingsafely.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:14 am 

phorvick wrote:
There are not many signs...but, in several communities the local Sheriff or Police are going door-to-door handing out the signs as a "courtesy" to their retail merchants. It is rather refreshing that they are not being used.

What a waste of time and money! Do the residents of those counties/towns know how their taxes are being misused? If I lived there, I'd be seriously ticked off, and writing every county commissioner/city council member/mayor and media outlet around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.